We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las floritas

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
derry
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Las floritas

Going to these apartments with my boyfriend on the 19th April-looking at other travellers photos on this site(and others), there doesn't seem to be much sun getting to the areas around the lazy river pool where you would sunbathe?? Maybe it's due to the lay out of the apartments???? If anyone has stayed here, can you please reply and let me know. Thanks!!!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,178 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las floritas

I've not stayed here, but your apts are not in a bad location

i would go the beach, why chase the sun round a pool

get your towel, and walk 10 mins to the beach, blazing sun all day long, and a better tan.

if not i hope someone answers your question.

derry
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las floritas

Thanks very much!! We don't really like the beach though-sand is a bit of a bugger!!! Would you maybe know how far a walk it is to the hiperdino/Spar supermarkets?? Thanks again for the info!!

tenerife south
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las floritas

I noticed your post yesterday and had rather hoped that someone may have answered it.

Unfortunately, your resort is rather small and as you had thought, the swimming pool is indeed quite enclosed. Now that i see you don,t like the beach I,ll not suggest it! There are several hotels adjacent which you might find inclinded to use the facilities of but I would not be suggesting that for fear of retribuion from the guests staying there, now would I?

As to shops again the resort is not in an ideal position as well. Although positioned beside a couple of other hotels it is somewhat isolated from amenities. The nearest shop is a NETTO just around the corner. Other than that the major s/markets are a fair way away. The majority of residents of this resort are normally of the younger group and therefore s/markets don,t tend to be up the list of priorities!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las floritas

I have to disagree with the last post re the shops/supermarkets. Both Spar and Hyperdino are within easy walking distance. Turn right out of the complex, then right again onto the road which takes you down to the beach and then first left and Spar is on the corner and Hyper is a few yards further along.

Have a good holiday.

tenerife south
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Las floritas

OK so I called the Dino "Netto" as it was formerly called. As for the spar well if you shop there ytou may have little money left to spend on enjoying your holiday. Sooooooooo expensive and no self respecting locals will shop in there.

Anyway, I,m truly sorry if I,ve advised incorrectly, to some. I stand by what i,ve said.

derry
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las floritas

We are of the younger age group and we need a supermarket for alcohol and late night munchies!! Thanks for the info though..! Another question-are there any tobacco stores around the complex???

Edited: 02 April 2010, 17:11
Chesterfield , UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las floritas

Hello slimbear,we stopped in Las Floritas at christmas 2 years ago,we stopped around lazy river pool and we managed to get sunshine all day.There is some parts what does not get sunshine but just move to were the sun his.The apartments was ok to,basic but nice and clean and the maids came and cleaned them every day.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,178 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las floritas

Hi

alcohol and cigarettes are available at all mini markets/supermarkets,

and there are plenty of mini markets around where you are staying.

it can pay to shop around, cigarettes can be a euro cheaper per200 carton.

but personally when i'm on holiday i don't want to shop, so we always get our supplies, which are water/milk/bread and wine from the nearest shop

you say late night munchies, if you go to the starco or veronicas area then there are kebbab and chicken places to get the usual 3.00am late night snack.

there are plenty of places to eat near and around where your staying, and a few nice bars just a stones throw from your apts.

enjoy your holiday

derry
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las floritas

Thanks soo much everyone!! Your info is much appreciated!! Can't wait to get away!!!

tenerife south
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Las floritas

Without wishing to advertise a particular outlet I personally always get my fags (and when I partook of alchohol) and booze, the Spanish Style shops are inavariably the cheapest around and just by luck there is one of their shops immediately across the road from what was Netto, and now Hyperdino.

So as previously mentioned out of resort and go right, turn right, first left and 50/100 mtrs. on the right hand side is the Spanish Style outlet, slightly back from the main road. Cannot miss. If changing money they normally give very competitive rates to the pound, particulary cash. (As with most they don,t like Ulster/Bank of Ireland notes!)