We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English bookshops in PDLA

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
English bookshops in PDLA

Hi all

As Ryanair are real meanies and no longer let me put a bag of books in the hold, is there anywhere I can get them in PDLA?

I can't bear the thought of not reading (I can do a book a day), so I'm hoping to pick some up out there.

It's either that or I pack books and buy a bikini when I get there!

Many thanks...

Cheshire
Level Contributor
154 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: English bookshops in PDLA

Yes he is! most of the time.Great place to read the papers and have a drink.Very popular with the locals, we have been going there since they opened and really feel at home there.Always head up to the bar on arrival to catch up on the local news.Trouble is many of the bars have closed due to the all inclusive hotels that have opened which means that people do not venture out. Looking forward to going there in August-our next visit, then Christmas, Easter and summer 2011.Like to plan ahead!

up north
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: English bookshops in PDLA

yes i agree we have spent many an hr sat there with a cool drink and toastie !!

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: English bookshops in PDLA

There is a new second hand cafe bar just opened in Los Cristianos called 'Segunda Mano' where you can buy and sell English (and other languages) books. Along with books there's lots of other second hand stuff to buy. I was in and it's a lovely place where you can have a coffee and cake by day or something stronger at night if you like! Here is their website with all the details;

http://www.segundamanocafe.com/default.html

14. Re: English bookshops in PDLA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas