We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Las Americas

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Las Americas

Hi Guys,

My girlfriend and I are considering spending Christmas this year in Las Americas and were wondering if it will be busy with plenty of bars and restaurants open?

The reason we ask is we are unsure if we should go self catering or all inclusive, we generally prefer trying new places which would be more suited to self catering but if nowhere is open then we would be better off going all inclusive.

Also, what should we expect the weather to be like at this time of year? All reports suggest that it will be fairly warm but how accurate is that?

Thanks

Gordon

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Las Americas

Christmas and New Year are now one of the busiest times in the resorts of South Tenerife and most bars and restaurants will be open so you have no reason to worry. I would recommend thast you go self catering rather than all-inclusive to allow you the freedom of choice in where you eat and of the numerous bars with or without entertainment.

The weather in December should be somewhere around the mid 20s during the day and high teens in the evening - so in actual fact hotter probably than its been in Glasgow all Summer! You have no need to worry that it won't be warm - if there should be an occasional rain shower it won't last long.

Nelly

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Las Americas

Hi Gordon , my family and I spent christmas/new years out there last year and again for this year. We always go self catering. All the shops are open uptil the 24th of December where they shut for a half day but theres still some supermarkets open and the pubs/restaurants(most of them that arnt spanish owned) open aswel. I think everywhere is open christmas day because restaurants open for the christmas meals etc . Clothes shops/pharmacy's/video shops don't really open for the 24th and 25th but you will find some open. Everyday after the 25th all the shops etc open as normal till usually about 10pm at night which is great for evening clothes shopping etc.

The fireworks for new years are brilliant in las americas especially around the mare nostrum/parque santiago 3 resorts. The weather is great aswel very warm around 27 or more most days with the exception of one cloudy day. The evening temps are about 16-18 degrees which is lovely and cool enough to sleep without the air conditioning on.

3. Re: Christmas in Las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 15:37
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas