We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer Help

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer Help

Hi me and my gf are staying in Marola Portosin and we have booked flights and hotel separate so do not have any transfer to and from the AIrport. We have been told to use Holiday Taxis, It works out £14 per person on a minibus transfer.

Does anyone know of any other transfer companies that they may have used and can recommend? Thankyou

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer Help

Hi Scouseguy,

My recommendation to you would be to just use a taxi which will work out at roughly the same price - slightly less if you are paying £14 per person, which is roughly 32 Euros and a taxi shoud cost you no more than 28 Euros.

In a transfer minibus, you can have the hassle of going to everybody else's hotel before your own, whereas in a taxi you will be at your hotel in less than 20 minutes.

There are always loads of taxis - just head out the door on the right hand side as you come out of baggage reclaim and they are all there with rarely any queue. Have the name of your hotel written on a piece of paper as some of the drivers don't speak English and pronunciations can be different.

Nelly

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer Help

Thanks

The only worry we have is being ripped off by them or do they quote a price before you leave?

Also to make sure that they are at the hotel for when we are coming home to get the airport on time

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer Help

Hi ,theres a price board up along side the taxi rank at the airport ,also a man/woman in control of the taxis who will give you the approx price make sure you agree this with the driver too before you set off .I have just returned ,from the airport to the Marylanza (just up the road from your hotel )was 26 euros so as Nelly b says around 28 euros .Do remember though you may hit traffic which may cause the fare to go up a little ,every taxi driver can give you a price with in 1 or 2 euros .Taxis will get you straight to your hotel where as transfers may drop at other hotels along the way .

Have a fantaqstic time

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfer Help

The thing is we are paying £14 per person and that is for return journey whereas a taxi ride just to our hotel will cost us roughly £22 then we would be paying the same back so would pay £45 there and back whereas the holiday taxis are charging £28 there and back for 2 people

Edited: 23 September 2010, 08:55
North East England...
Level Contributor
745 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer Help

Hi,

Taxi transfer every time for us, but we like to pre-book.

Can recomend Transfers4U.com (partof TC group) should cost abt £46.00 return....

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfer Help

Looking at holiday taxis it looks like its £28 return journey which is cheap. As I have been on the site and gone through the booking procedure up until confirm point and its return journey £28.80 for 2 people

North East England...
Level Contributor
745 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfer Help

Hi,

£28.00 return must be shuttle bus...Not private taxi......

North East England...
Level Contributor
745 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfer Help

Just checked there website...as you say £28 return for shuttle transfer..enjoy the wait for other passengers...OR private taxi £57.00!

Use code: TFS15 and get 15% discount of above prices.....

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfer Help

These shuttle buses dont always leave when you get on ,you may have to wait for others awaiting luggage or even another flight coming in ,you may even be waiting till it gets back from previous drop offs ,but hey you save about 20 euros .Taxi ,air con ,no other sweaty people ,and your straight there no other drop offs or waiting

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfer Help

I am currently trying to book a TAXI transport to from Tenerife South Airport using transfers4u to and from our hotel, we are flying Ryanair from Liverpool, however when I have to input the flight details it asks for flight number I input the number we have on the booking for example 4346 but the site says there should be 2 Letters infront of the 4 digits? Ive checked all Itinerary and our boarding passes and all it has is the 4 digits could anybody help please? Thankyou

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas