We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

northumberland
Level Contributor
97 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

Hi my partner and i are trying to decide between these two hotels. Ive got them at roughly the same price booking directly with the hotels and our own flights.On a bed and breakfast option with superior rooms but with the Vulcano the beds around the pool seem very regimental and very close, is it possible to use the Bitacora pool across the road as they are sister hotels?.Is it much further from the beach than the med palace?.Ive been told by friends that the Med Palace is over run with children ive got three of my own who have now flown the nest so been there done that and just want a bit of r and r .Thanks in advance.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

There is usually a lot of children at the Med Palace and the Vulcano has plenty of 'elderly' people staying. Is is regimented at the pool area in the Vulcano with the sunshades, etc. I'm sure you could sunbathe at the Bitacora if you wanted though. All depends what you're after. I have stayed at the Vulcano before and it is a good, clean hotel, but we prefer to go to apartments now.

The Vulcano is a very short walk to the beach.

Edited: 18 January 2011, 15:11
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

I have stayed at the Med Palace twice and there were not a lot of children at all, I suppose it depends when you go. The Med Palace is in a great location but the pool area does get busy and although not regimented has limited space when the hotel is busy. I haven't stayed at the Vulcano but have been in the hotel for a drink and it appears very nice. It is only a short walk to the beach and you may get some noise from the nearby bars.

Cambridge, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

The sunlounger situation at the Vulcano is the only aspect I do not like, we have stayed there many times and always used the pool at the Bitacora..they look like beds lined up under bike sheds.

This year we stayed at the Bitacora because of this , in November it was fine and we are going again in March, but I am told during the school holidays the beds and pools are very busy at the Bitacora.

Edited: 18 January 2011, 19:47
St Helens, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

I was just about to post the same question when i came across your post.it hard because they both have similar reviews, price and near to each other as my plan was to compare them against each other.have you decided yet?????

we need someone who has stayed at both really.

good luck anyway

northumberland
Level Contributor
97 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

No jkrain2 still not decided yet. As you say we need an opinion from someone who has been to both hotels.

northumberland
Level Contributor
97 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

Thanks for your much needed help.

UK
Level Contributor
77 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

I have stayed in both Vulcano and Bitacora, Vulcano has many repeat visitors,some have been going there for 25 years, we found guests unfriendly as they thought they owned the hotel.

We have stayed in Bitacora several times (I am going 6th Feb alone as sadly my husband died last year) Nice seating areas outside,also nice front patio which catches the morning sun after breakfast, food and cleanliness v good, I would not return to Vulcano, I always have standard room and request it overlooks road ( which only goes to the hotel and is a dead end) standard rooms at the back get no sun early in the year. I am there for a month,maybe see you

Hope this is of help.

UK
Level Contributor
77 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

forgot when are you going to Tenerife

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

med palace every time, you may see a handful of kids , hot tubs different pools to choose from . Book the palace if i were you.

northumberland
Level Contributor
97 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vulcano or meditteranean palace, HELP PLEASE !!!

Thanks for all your help.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas