We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food in Americas

Blackpool
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
food in Americas

wife and myself taking Grandson to Tenerife in September, cant make our minds up if we should go all inclusive, may help if anyone can tell me what sort of prices & quality we can expect in the restaurants for Full English & average cost of evening meal

Blackpool
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food in Americas

Also need to know how much will we pay for a pint of lager, vodka & bacardi, kids drinks??

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food in Americas

We have found eating out cheaper than in the UK. There are a number of 'all you can eat' buffett restaurants from arounf 6€ plus drinks. Look out for Menu del Dia, menu of the day from 7€. Snacks from 2€

East Grinstead...
Level Contributor
45 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food in Americas

Personally I would never go all inclusive, it means you are tied to the hotel all the time and this can become extremely tedious after a few days, get out and enjoy all the different bars and restaurants, its not expensive at all!

Edited: 20 January 2011, 21:27
north west england
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food in Americas

As anywhere, you get what you pay for.

Most places offering a "full English" have it just under €3. We had it once at a place that gets mentioned often on TA. It was vile. And I've no reason to suspect that other places use any better ingredients if that's all they charge.

As for dinner, there's a full range of restaurants. They range from all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets at, say €6.30 up to quite sophisticated restaurants. I reckon, on average, we spent between €60 and €70 most nights for the two of us, includiny for, say, a half bottle of wine, a couple of waters and coffee.

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food in Americas

Dont take any notice of harters,god knows where they eat to spend €70 a night on food.My wife and I were in LA for the New Year and we ate in The Giddy Goose and La Boca,a meal and a beer for the both us was around

€20.Loads of nice English breakfasts available for €5 each plus drinks.

Two restaurants in Los Christianos I would definately recommend are

Rumours and Diamonds,superb food plus drink for €40 for the both of us.

If you want cheap drink in LA,Inn The Pink and The Marquee situated in The Patch do a pint of beer for €1 50 plus cheap local spirits.

Blaydon Races,with good entertainment as well is only €2 a pint.

Have a good holiday, Baron

north west england
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food in Americas

Well, as I said, there's a whole range of places to suit every palate and pocket.

We ate at Gran Reserva, La Fresquera, Balconen, Domus Aura, Toni Roma, Meson Castellano, Garibaldi, Ricon del Marinero, Cafe de Paris, Bombay Blue, Xoti, Montana & Mamma Rosa. All in the El Camison end of PDLA, except for the El Rincon del Marinera which is just into Los Cristianos.

Full reviews at The Tenerife Forum ( I have the same username there as here): www.thetenerifeforum.com/forumdisplay.php…

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food in Americas

I agree with Harters, it is quite easy to spend 70euros a night on food, if you want to pay that much, for a decent meal, 2 -3 course meal with wine. We used The Schooner Bar in Puerto Colon a few years ago & spent that much & more for 3 of us also at Verde's & along at Little Italy in Fanabe. All very good portions & very good service.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: food in Americas

Though i hate AI (pins in my eyes ) you may find that it suits you ,things like pop and icecream can work out quite expensive if hes anything like my grandchildren .

You can as others have said eat as cheap or as expensive as you wish ,drinks vary from bar to bar ,so look out for happy hours their times and keep moving as they all vary .

scotland
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: food in Americas

If you have young kids, AI will suit you, and give the missus a break from cooking.

London, England
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: food in Americas

Or even the Hubbie a break from cooking !!!! Or g*d forbid you could share the cooking

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas