We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
first time

Going to pdla for the first time with my boyfriend on the 10th august for 2 weeks. We are ages 20 and 23. We have only booked our flights and still looking at accomodation we are thnking about booking it privatly as it seems to be cheaper but most of them seem to be in different areas so getting a bit confused as we haven't been before. We also like good nightlife not big clubs or that but just smaller places that play up to date music open late and mostly younger people go and you can have a dance. Not into places with bands playing or that. We are also looking at going to siam park, loro parque and mount teide where's the best place to book them and how much are they? Also looking for some good restaurants not to expensive but still good quality food.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time

Hi tenerife has all you want. Fancy not going before!! You can book all the excursions either on-line before you go, or when you get there. There are a number of travel shops in and around town. One that has always had a good name on this forum is Tenerife Sunshine, I have not heard of any complaints. PDLA is a large resort, choose one of the hotels or appartments that suit you best, look through the reviews on here first.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time

Well Ricky everyone has to have a first time and hopefully once Adele has been she will continue to visit and will be more adventurous than some and sample different resorts not just stay with the tried and tested.

Adele/Martin, I am attaching a map which shows you the popular resorts in the south of Los Cristianos and Las Americas. tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.… Depending what your budget is you should find plenty of choice on here for accommodation. Going self catering will be cheapest option and you will find plenty of places to eat which are very reasonably priced.

Have a look at the restaurant review section of my blog to get some ideas. …wordpress.com/category/restaurant-reviews/

You can easily walk from Los Cristianos to Las Americas (the highly recommended area) but this may be a bit pricy for accommodation depending on your budget. You could however look at somewhere like Parque Cristobal. I am not good with accommodation as living here I don´t use it but I am sure there will be plenty of people who will come along and give you good advice.

As far as entertainment is concerned, you will be spoilt for choice with places like the Parque de la Paz Strip and the Patch. If you like clubs but not the lager louts then steer away from Veronicas and visit Starco or San Telmo these don´t open until late but you get a good crowd in after midnight until the early hours.

To try and explain the areas a little better I have sent you a private message.

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time

Hi,

Hotels 4 u and travel republic have some good accommodation only prices. I have used both before with no problems.

Worth a look.

Kelly

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
911 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time

Parque Santiago , 2, 3 or 4 might be good options for you. All have good, reasoanbly priced restauarants nearby and within easy walking distance of the Patch, particularly PS 1 and 2. prices vary but are all somewhere between 200 and 300 per week.

One word of warning though is that with PS2 (where we are at the moment) it´s very important to get an apartment on the inside of the complex overlooking the pool to make sure you don´t get noise from nearby bars at night.

Just had a quick look on Owners Direct and you might like to have a look at properties ref C1574, C2156, C2918 (PS3), C805 (PS4), C3065, C1288, C2931 to see some of what´s available but there still seems to be plenty of availability for your dates.

Good luck.

5. Re: first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 05:43
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas