We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat

Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
places to eat

Hi, My wife and I are stopping at the Colon 2. Does anybody have any recommendations for places to eat or ones to pass by. All food types. Many thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: places to eat

Hi Lesley. I see your new to posting in TA forums so I'll give you some tips. (not being patronising just trying to help! I'm not exactly a veteran either!) ok so firstly - create a new topic rather than posting on some one elses topic, you'll probably get more responses. Secondly if you want to specify preferred food types and budget it would help people guide you in the right direction. Again it's just advice from 1 newbie to another!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: places to eat

Thats great advice from Lisalefteye ,but as your in the best area of PDLA there are so many places for you to choose from for bars and restaurants .You are quite near to the Safari Centre (fantastic for shopping with designers like Armani ,versace ,Le Coste ,mixed with others like zaras ,springfield ,stradavarious ) Around and above the Safari Centre are lots of Restaurants to choose from .

Tucked behind The Safari centre and Parque la Paz hotel is "The Paz Strip" again many places to choose from for both eating and entertainment .

You are also with in easy reach of the fantastic beach "PlayaLas Vista " you can walk around along the sea front walk way ,or slightly quicker head for Zaras at the Safari Centre on the roadside opposite you will see Compestello Beach hotel and left of that is a small shopping area called "Vista Sur " head through the shopping centre or skirt to the left of it once through Playa Las Vistas opens up in front of you .Vista sur shopping centre has some nice places to eat and drink on its beach side outer edge .Just slightly along the sea front walkway heading towards LOS Cris ,the first set of steps up at the side of Vintersol leads upto to the area called San Telmo some great restaurants up there with stunning views over Playa Las Vistas ,i love The Watermelon up there ,theres a chinese ,Slow Boat but this is not your usual Red and gold tat type of place ,also Habib a lebonese restaurant i have not yet tried but both locals and tourists give this a big thumbs up as they do the other 2 i pre mentioned .

Once others no food types and type of entertainment ( acts,singers,comedy acts,karaoke.they may give you more precise answers .Hope my bit helps a tad

Hornchurch, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: places to eat

Thanks for that update have stayed there before about 6 years ago.....and we have used the Paz strip before forgot about that one, getting a good idea now of where everything is by memory with the help of this forum thanks again :)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: places to eat

Hi again heres a map quite old so some things have changed .The Safari Centre also now runs right of where you see it in Square D8 ,the black and white marking just in front Of Parque la Paz is the Paz Strip ,Your hotel is in Square D7 and the "Patch area of bars restaurants runs from your hotel to La Siesta also in D7 .Just might remind you of whats where .

heres the map link .....

tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.…

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: places to eat

I have to say, that Las Americas dining was apaling. the best meal we had in our two weeks out there was the one on the plane on our way home

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11,335 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: places to eat

Would be interested to know where you ate whilst you was there champaign

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,846 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: places to eat

My g*d ...that is saying something ! must have been bad ...as lenny says , can you tell us where ?

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: places to eat

Did you eat in McDonalds everyday? LOL

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: places to eat

Can`t remember many names but one was called Little Italy and another was Aberdeen Angus on the Sea Front another appaling one which I cant remember the name of was a large place near to MCDonalds at the end of a row of shops. I think it was possibly supposed to be African it certainly had plenty of african entertainment but this was proberbly to take your mind off the awful food.

20. Re: places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas