We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

Kerry
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

Hoping to go to Tenerife the end of April... Is it expensive on a day to day basis there? Im on a budget!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

I personally wouldn't say it was expensive, unless you wanted it to be. Food readily available from cheap eateries or takeaways if you wish (Burger King etc) or even a pizza in a restaurant is not what I'd call expensive. Plonk cheaper by the bottle from the supermarket if you are a big drinker but pop and coffee no different to the UK.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

I don't think you will find it at all expensive as your currency is the euro. An English breakfast is about 3 euros ,Alcohol like everywhere depends on the pub you're in,but a litre of Smirnoff to buy in the supermarket is about 10 euros and a good bottle of wine around 5 euros. To eat in a nice restaurant with wine for 2 is around 30 euros. It is certainly a lot less expensive than Co.Kerry !! and you'll definately be warmer!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

We've been back about 2 weeks so can give some indication of current prices. Beer anything between 1.5 and 3.5 euro for a large one. Wine from the supermarket - definitely no need to pay more than 5 euros and some perfectly palatable stuff for half that price. You can afford to get the odd duff one at that price :-). Maybe we were eating in the wrong places, or simply don't want to eat in steak houses or burger / pizza bars, but we would struggle to find good food with wine at 30 euros for 2. We did manage that one night, but the pizzas were very obviously of the frozen variety!

The other change we did notice was that Full English breakfast is still being advertised for around 3 euro, but now the tea/coffee or fruit juice is an extra cost - just worth being aware.

Kerry
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

Cool thanks, and what is the nightlife like? Is it Ibiza style or more a good night out?

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

We found some very good value places to eat , we were staying in Los Cristianos area , we did not eat in PDLA .

Taylors Lounge on the EL Mirador strip had some very good special offers most nights , we went for their special of fish and chips with mushy peas , 7:95euros PP Tues and Fridays ..... with the beers and extras our bill came to under 19euros ....We had just arrived and were dead tired , we had done some shopping for our apt ....and were just passing Taylors Lounge when the waitress was serving a couple with the fish special , it was beautifully presented and the fish enormous , so we decided to go no further ...the fish was haddock and one of the best fish and chips I have eaten .

Then a little further down the hill we found the new Mongolian BBQ , really good value ,, as much as you wanted to eat for 13euros ...it included soup , naan bread , your own choice of ingredients for your main course , all cooked in front of you to the flavours of your choice ....also included a drink of your choice ....They also have a good a la carte menu and a sushi bar ....I have just done a review , see link ...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g659661-…

We also ate in the Hotel Paradise Park , as we had stayed there several years ago and remembered how good their food was ....for a one off meal it was 13:50euros PP ...if you bought 5 tickets it was 9:00euros PP , so we ate several times there and the food was excellent and of course that included a starter , main , sweet , cheese and fruit if you wanted , very good value ....

We did have some disappointments the Rubina being the worst so I won't go into that as it was the worst meal I have had for a long time and the place gets such good reviews ...may be the chef was off or walked out !

Sylla

scotland
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

"Veronicas"......... is a road full of Ibiza type clubs...PLA is very cool.

The rest of PLA is a good night out.

Edited: 29 March 2011, 19:47
Kerry
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

Cool thanks, bit of both is kinda what we're looking for!! :)

8. Re: Tenerife- Playa de las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 09:22
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas