We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vulcano Hotel

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Vulcano Hotel

We are having our first holiday in Teneriffe and are staying at the Vulcano Hotel at the beginning of October. We have booked a standard room, but on looking at the reviews, we see that many of them recommend a pool view. Apart from the obvious of having a pool view, do these rooms come with any additional facilities that make it worth paying extra - can anyone tell us how much extra we would pay for a pool room?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vulcano Hotel

We have stayed many times at the Vulcano in a standard room with no problems. I email before we go and ask for a high floor room which we always find to be quieter. As Tenerife has become more and more expensive in the last few years, I would save my money and spend it on better things than a pool view. Enjoy your holiday.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vulcano Hotel

Yes i would do the same as the other reply we email them and ask for a top floor room on the walk way side

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vulcano Hotel

Thanks for your replies. Will take your advice and stick to a standard room but ask for a high room.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vulcano Hotel

We have just come back from the Vulcano and had a bottom floor room as my husband is in a wheelchair, although everything about the hotel itself is great, the noise made by the entertainment team is loud to say the least, it's a bit like the red coats at Butlins, they have activities all through the day and whilst it's ok for the ones who want to join in, the rest of us wanted some peace and quiet. We had a terrace with our own sunbeds, which for us was great but it was by the games room and the "red coats" acted as though they were entertaining kids, shouting as loud as they could.

All that said, we wish we were still there, as we haven't enjoyed a holiday as much in years. The place and the people were excelent.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vulcano Hotel

Hi Mort

Stayed in standard and pool view and as people have said really not worth paying the extra, the rooms are similar.

You will most likely be at the side of the hotel overlooking the walkway and if you get a high floor you won't notice much noise.

Have a great time!

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vulcano Hotel

We have just returned and asked for a high room by emailing in advance on advice from other Trip Advisors. We had 679 and found it very quiet. Ours was standard and was more than adequate. The safe costs 2 euros a day, the mini fridge (unstocked) 1 euro a day. We took our own beach towels, otherwise you pay 1 euro a day each which I thought too expensive. Although we would not return to Tenerife as it was not to our taste, we would always recommend the Vulcano.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vulcano Hotel

Thanks for your advice. Do you have the e-mail address for the Vulcano so we can contact them to request a high room nearer the time of our holiday.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vulcano Hotel

The email address I used is - recepcion.vulcano@springhotels.com - and yes, recepcion is spelt with a C and not a T. Enjoy your holiday, we did.

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vulcano Hotel

The email address I used was a little different - recepcion.vulcano@springhoteles.com

Nancy, the chief receptionist was always helpful.

Candybabe

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vulcano Hotel

Hi Candybabe, Yours is the right one, I missed an e out of the hotels bit, it should read - recepcion.vulcano@springhoteles.com - and yes I found Nancy very helpful too

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations