We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October half term

Newcastle upon...
14 posts
Save Topic
October half term

Hi,

Me and my friend are coming back to pdla in October on half term week. We still haven't booked but we were wondering how late we should leave it to book??

What cheap hotels do you all recommend?? Also will the nightlife be busy still??

Tramps The King Of Clubs
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars, Dance Clubs & Discos
Tibu Tenerife
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Crystals Palace
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars, Comedy Clubs
London, UK
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October half term

Hi,

There will still be plenty going on at night and it will still be very warm. As its half term it would be best to book as soon as you can as flights can get booked. School holidays are always busier! Having said that, our first trip to Tenerife was for that time of year and we booked 1 week in advance!

Cheap but well located places to stay:

Oro blanco, Hacienda del sol, Paraiso Del Sol, Playa Azul, Columbus, Barranco Bungalows, Las Pirimades.

Slightly better but slightly more expensive:

Marola Portosin or Colon 2 - I recommend both highly, California Apartments, Andorra Hotel.

I have assumed that you are fairly young and want to be centrally located for the beaches and nightlife - if this is not the case and you want something different let us know!!

Travel Republic is a good booking website - we always get good prices there.

Kelly

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Hacienda Del Sol
Hacienda Del Sol
350 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Paraiso del Sol Apartments
Paraiso del Sol...
504 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Barranco Apartments
Barranco Apartments
215 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Marola Portosin
Marola Portosin
785 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
up north
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October half term

i would book asap with it being half term, you might not get where you want to stay otherwise, you might drop lucky if you leave it to the last minute.. but might not also. plenty going on a night but not like july/ august .

watford
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: October half term

yeh we can all party together!! im out there from the 20th till the 27th.. staying in las piramdes. xx

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October half term

Really cheap is often Piramides ,5 mins walk from the Entertainment areas of Veronicas,Starcos and the Patch .Followed by The Columbus 10 mis from the entertainment areas .

Though personally i recommend neither if your not 18/30s types .

You then have the better ones also very near ,Colon 2 and Parque Cristobol .A bit further is Parque Santiago ,all really really nice ,again its down to budget .

If you want to be right in and amongst it then look at Sol Tenerife both Veronicas and Starcos are so close you will fall out of bed and into them !!!

Just a warning ......Oro Blanco has seen a lot of prostitutes hanging around the area which may be more of a problem for families and single girls rather than the lads .Hope fully the police will have moved them on over the past few days but till then ..............

As said if you dont want the entertainment areas /or not in the young age group let us know

Mentioned in this post
The Patch
The Patch
431 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Parque Santiago
Parque Santiago
849 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Sol Tenerife
Sol Tenerife
3,917 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Newcastle upon...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: October half term

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I stopped at Oro Blanco in March and loved it, however by the looks of my finances, I'm thinking we'll be stopping back at the Oro Blanco.

Now we just need to get this holiday booked!! Can't wait to get away for a week... and maybe party just a little bit ;) xx

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October half term

I'm also going to be there over half term, need to find the best places to go. Planning to be out most/every night and have a blow out :D

Newcastle upon...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: October half term

I think it'll be starcos/veronicas on a night out. Get yourself out with us- we can cause scenes lol :)

watford
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: October half term

have you booked it for the 23rd??

adam

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October half term

>>>- we can cause scenes lol :)>>>

Not wishing to be a 'wet blanket' and not really knowing what the above means other than what it sounds like, do be aware that if anyone is seen to be causing problems the police will come down and come down heavy so don´t argue with them - you won´t win and could end up in a lot of trouble. They stand no nonsense.

Having said that Starco and Veronicas is the area for youngsters to have lots of fun and lots to drink and providing you don´t get into fights you will have a great time.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Newcastle upon...
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: October half term

Adam- we're booking sometime in the next week, have you booked yet??

Aguilas- when I say "causing scenes" its nothing like that at all. Its a local saying which means we're going out to have a good time (but no trouble making) :)

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas