We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

essex
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

We are staying in Parque Santiago II first week of April - can anyone recommend some 'nice' restaurants nearby. We are not lovers of British sausage and chips or roast dinners - were hoping for something a bit more traditional. Also, is Parque Santiago in Playa de las Americas or Los Christianos as we keep getting conflicting information and have not been to Tenerife before?

Mentioned in this post
Parque Santiago
Parque Santiago
856 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Los Cristianos
Los Cristianos
Tenerife, Spain
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

Its in PDLA ,heres a map link

tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.…

its in the nice area of PDLA in square C7

In SquareE9 is the San telmo area ,there are a varied selection of restaurants and bars with fantastic views over Playa Las vistas ,the Water Melon is good gets recommended by locals and us tourists ,also up there is Habib (Lebonese) Slow Boat Chinese ( not your usual red and gold decor ,its quite swish ).Heres a link for the Watermelon

…tenerife.co.uk/watermelon-restaurant/#comme…

Also a nice walk along the sea front walkway (black and white route along the coast in square D6 sited between Palm beach hotel and Saly tien shopping area is this great place ,heres a link (click on UK flag for english translation ....

http://laterrazzadelmare.com/en.html

Edited: 16 March 2012, 18:15
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

In case you'd like to stay nearer to home one night, just outside the complex is El Cedro which has a good variety of food and across the road is Sugar and Spice which is Italian based and very good. And a few doors from El Cedro is Montana which also has a variety of food and does excellent steak sizzlers.

In Los Cristianos, we like Fortuna (luscious lamb) and El Cine for fish.

Mentioned in this post
El Cedro
El Cedro
592 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11,459 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

I'll 2nd all what olnf has said, plus montana which sammysgranny said, i personally don't like el cedro for evening meals, but there breakfast is bob on.

Come out of ps2 turn left walk to the corner where the amusement arcade is, turn right and walk up a bit, mama rossas is on your right, not cheap but nice, further up the road is martins, which is one of my favourite restaurnants. Across the road is the lebanese restaurant.

but my favourite of all restaurants if el gomera, Only a 20 min walk from your place but well worth it, out of ps2, turn left walk to the corner and turn right where the amusement arcade is, straight to the top, to coloumbus, turn left, and walk down to the roundabout, , turn right at this roundabout and walk up towards the police station, turn left here, and it's in this row of restaurants.

tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.…

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
925 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

You will find that many restaurants have a very large menu. So almost everything is available in every restaurant. I can't say this gives me a lot of confidence in how much of that food is fresh in the fridge.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

The Lebonese just over from the Columbus is The Balconan .....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11,459 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

ty couldnt' remember it........but will be there very soon...xxx

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
821 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

There are lots of nice restaurants in the Safari Centre, which is about 5-10 mins walk from PS2. Safari Centre is opposite the big blue hotel, Med Palace.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
8,082 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

Off topic I know but one thing I found on my visit last week was the adding of 5% tax on meals & drinks in lots of restaurants/bars without them actually advertising the fact on their menu prices. I find this quite naughty especially if you are a big family with a largish bill at the end of the night, the 5% adds a good amount on. (No tip comes to mind). I think one of the posters mentioned this a few weeks ago, maybe Lenny or OLNF.

Edited: 17 March 2012, 23:45
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

Not guilty M'Lud!!!

The only places i have seen this ,it has been on the menu or bar .Not on imo if there is no notifaction of this .I usually leave a 10% tip ,if i found this i would leave zilch ,so i win by saving 5%...........

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
925 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parque Santiago II - 'Nice' Restaurants Nearby?

With reference to the 5% sales tax.

I found this very, very irritating.

Some restaurant prices include it and others add it on to the bill at the end. I think it is a crazy system. It is like finding that the price in the window in one shop includes VAT and next door the prices look cheaper because VAT is not included.

I don't just think it naughty I believe in some instances it is a direct attempt to mislead.

An example is a well known Steak type restaurant that advertise a three course meal for €7.99 and breakfast for €2.99 on giant boards outside. They then add 5% to the bill!!!.

No wonder AI is so popular if doing self catering involves this minefield.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas