We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque Cristobal

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Parque Cristobal

Hey folks, does anyone know if Parque Cristobal provide pool towels or allow you to hire them? Trying to save on the old luggage allowance!!

newcastle
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parque Cristobal

Hi Michelle

I read a review somewhere that says they do (you pay a deposit and get it back when towels are returned). We are heading there in a few weeks so I would also appreciate it if anyone could confirm this!

I guess worst case scenario would be to buy a few towels when you get there - cheaper than paying for extra bags.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parque Cristobal

Chinese shop just around the corner of Colon 2 next to Mama rosas sells beach towels from 3 euros if the complex dont supply them ....then ditch them as you leave ,theres far better things to bring home .

London, UK
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parque Cristobal

Hi,

We stayed here last year and I don't recall being able to hire towels.

Kelly

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parque Cristobal

Thats cos you is mucky !!!lol or just up to late !!!

Seems you can Kel ,according to recent reading on this place ,this may well be my home (!!) in September ...look out pedestrians "Scooter Alert" !!1

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parque Cristobal

Hi Onlf, Not a good idea! My husband insisted he'd do this one year (he's always complaining about the weight of our luggage) No need to bring towels he said ,and he bought a bright blue one when we arrived. Everything was fine until he lay back on it with sun cream and was covered in bright blue fluff. He looked like the honey monster. They really need to be washed beforehand. It gave me a great laugh anyhow, although he's still complaining about the luggage .

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parque Cristobal

Not had this problem LA ,maybe a better quality "Sun Cream " is what he needed !!!LOL

London, UK
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parque Cristobal

Lol!!

Hopefully you can hire towels - and save luggage!

Kelly

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parque Cristobal

Thanks guys!

I don't travel until July - could you let me know what the situation with towels is on your return please Rolo?

Thanks

newcastle
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parque Cristobal

Will do Michelle

newcastle
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parque Cristobal

Hi Michelle

we just got back from our holiday - HIGHLY recommend PC. We had a fab time (will post a more detailed review in a few days). In answer to your question, yes you can get beach towels for a refundable deposit. It is 15 euro per towel payable at reception. They will give you a ticket to give to the lifeguard (guy in white t shirt and red shorts) who provides the towels. When you are leaving return the towels to the life guard who stamps your ticket and bring this to reception who will refund the 15 euros. If you are leaving late in the evening make sure you do this by 6pm otherwise you will miss the lifeguard!

Otherwise you can buy towels there for less than 3 euro, but they do look like those really cheap and nasty ones that don't dry you and leave fluff all over the place (!)

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations