We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Peterborough
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Please help, I have been looking at both of these hotels, and wanted to go All Inclusive, but Gran Tinerfe is not offering this, only half board of full board, has anybody stayed at H10 Conquistador?

Is the AI worth it? Is the location good? any help would be greatfull..

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Hi

I cannot help out with anything else other than the locations of the 2 hotels in conjunction with the area; Below is a link GT is in square D5 and Conquistador is in square C8. Each square take about 10 mins to walk so at least you can get an idea of how close to the things you want are. I hope others can advise as to the Conquistador's set up :0)

tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Peterborough
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Hi, Yes thankyou for that, yes lets hope so.

North East England...
Level Contributor
693 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Based on location and no kids.....Gran Tinerfe for me!!

peterborough
Level Contributor
979 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

I have stayed at the Conquistador but only half board, the food was good and I have been told all the rooms are now refurbished ours wasn't when we went.The rooms are very small though, the pool is excellent and the public rooms are lovely as they have all had a major overhaul.There is an a la carte Italian restaurant which you can upgrade to free of charge once a week, this I am lead to believe will also include your drinks if A.I.

There is one bar you are not allowed to use the A.I facilities (this was in November)

We loved the position of the Hotel as you come out right on the sea front and it is in our favourite part of the resort,near the Safari centre etc.

We liked the hotel and would stay again of it was at the right price, but we prefer the Bitacora .

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Plus Side ( if there is such a thing on AI ,pins in my eyes lol) but noticed a few saying Bitacora serves branded drink names in their AI ,where as many dont if this is a consideration .....

For area ,and what i think is the best beach in the area Playa Las Vistas i would opt for Conquistador ,also for the near by excellent shopping and easy walk into Los Cristianos

Peterborough
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Hi thankyou for that, What was the reason you prefered the Bitacora? If you dont mind me asking?

peterborough
Level Contributor
979 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

We found it[the Bitacora] a very friendly hotel,the rooms are huge( if a little dated] with large flat sreen t.v's that show the main British channels...I know a lot of people say you don't go on hols to watch t.v, but it was great sometimes to go back in the early evening for a rest and to watch the quizs etc. I found the food slightly better and the staff were more friendly too....I suppose it did not help that our room at the Conquistador had not been refurbed..but having said that an upgrade wouldn't have made it bigger and it was very small, all though half board at the Bitacora i can confirm that international drinks are included on the A.I tafiff, if we spent the evenings in the hotel I would consider that option but we always go out....the Conquistador has however just been refurbed and it is a lovely light airey and modern hotel.

Edited: 22 April 2012, 20:14
Peterborough
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Hi thank-you, yes I do like the modern hotels, I think I am swaying to the Conquistador, just hope the AI is worth it there, as I have been reading the reviews, and some are not happy with the Ai there. so fingers crossed I am making the right decision. thanks again for yr help.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

I am considering the Conquistador at some point and I would say the location lends itself more to non AI as there are lovely walks/bars to enjoy and v reasonable. Also supermarket across from hotel so you can stock up on juices, soft drinks, beer and wines again, reasonable prices. I would assume you have or can have a fridge in room. I will follow posts on the rooms though as I don't fancy a small room!

peterborough
Level Contributor
979 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help! h10 Gran tinerfe of H10 Conquistador???

Re: the small rooms, a lot of people say it is worth paying to upgrade, I didn't see the suites though, ours was one of the smallest rooms I have had and we go to Greece a lot where the rooms are quite basic...we were on floor 5 with a non pool view, if I went again I would definately request a pool view .

You can upgrade to A.I after you arrive..I think that is the option I might take..but then we are not ones for staying in one place long, so I don't think it would pay for us.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas