We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

I would like a week away at easter after the bad weather we have had lately there is a good deal for the above apartments but when i have looked at forums they seems to say it is just for the 18-30 brigade we are in our 40 so we would be a bit out of place anybody got any advice.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
579 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

its not listed as an 18-30's but should be - its very close to nightlife therefore if your after a relaxing holiday i wouldnt recommend this to be honest.

Depending what you want from your holiday i would look at possible staying in Costa Adeje (Torviscas) - not that im saying at 40 you want to stay in quieter area - Costa Adeje has fab restaurants and a lot of the bars are more family / couples orientated therefore you shouldnt encounter a load of drunking 18year olds!! - In saying that im 32 and still love the nightlife of las americas especially the Dubliner bar around the patch area which is worth a look

glasgow
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

Hi! when i went here 2 years ago it was a freestyle apartments which is basically thomsons 18-30 but i dont think it is anymore!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

I have booked to go in october and was told that from september through to begining of may they are used by 18/30 but the winter months couples and familys stay there.

blacpool,lancashire
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

hi lesleywood,

iv booked in this hotel in june with thomson with 8 of my friends,we are between 21-27 and we were advised to go here because it is near the nightlife,the brochure they gave us is a free styler brochure and they told us there were no kids coz it was more like an 18 - 30's hotel. hope this helps you decide,i suppose if your not really looking for a totally relaxing holiday,this hotel wouldn't be too bad but i have been told by a friend that it is quite noisey at night because of people coming in very late etc

laura

portsmouth
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

we are in our 40,s love going to the piramides. been with the kids and on our own . part of the year is 18-30 freestyle but you still get couples in there 60,70,s going there year after year , not far to walk to beach, and night life 5 min up the road. took my mother who is near on 70 there , she had the time of her life mixing with the young and older people round the pool . can be abit noisy at times but who cares your on holiday to have a great time, and if it was to quiet we would still moan.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

Hi

Yeah this hotel is free style, i thought it was a good hotel, lots of room nice pool. We went in September and it was noisy but probs not half as noisy as july and august. I cant remember seeing any families with children when we went in september, but im sure easter time will be more families. The only problem i had was the noise on the night time, but then again, we were noisy aswell so couldnt really complain.

lucy -x-

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
544 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

DONT DO IT!!

Its is filthy! We stayed here in October last year. The Pirimedes is right next to the Catalaya and Rebecca which are 18-30's owned by the Piramedes and when they complain they get moved into the Pirimedes. Its dark dingy and filthy. Our room had a really bad smell in it which was because they had not washed the bathroom floor. I asked for it to be mopped because you literally had to wear your shoes in the there as got the last occupants hair etc stuck to your feet. They mopped it but it was no better. We are not particularly picky with accommodation as always try and go for the cheap and cheerful but my god, never again. On day 2 we actually trawled the other hotels in the area and were going to book into one but we thought we’d just brave it – what a mistake. The only plus point is that the location is great for the nightlife at Las Americas. The pool was in pretty bad shape and there were hardly any sunbeds so we used the pool at the Rebecca instead which was OK and much quieter. We are real party animals but the constant banging of doors all night was too much even for us.

Please, don’t do it, you will hate it.

8. Re: Is las Piramides studios a 18-30apartments inplaya de las...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas