We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat trip

southport
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Topic
boat trip

nextyear for my 50th we are taking our kids n partners and for my birthday we want to go on a boat trip to see n swim with dolphins can anyone recomend this please and how much isit per person thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat trip

Hi

Take a look a Tenerifesunshine website {link below} you should be able to get all the info you will need from there

http://www.tenerifesunshine.com/en/excursions

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,753 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boat trip

See Dolphins YES ...Swim with dolphins NO ,this is not something Tenerife allows .

I too would recommend Tenerife Sunshine an excellent company with fantastic staff

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boat trip

Oh and take a sick bag with you. The last time I went on one of these trip it was a total barf fest. Just about everyone on the boat including crew were as sick as pigs due to the heavy swell out in the ocean so think carefully before planning it as a "pleasure" trip. Try for a calm day...

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,398 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boat trip

I have been out loads of times at various times of the year and never felt sick and I'm not good with water ! On one occasion my friend was a bit queasy but it soon passed. I have only ever been on the Freebirds and they were great but today I heard about a new company (at least to me) called Poker Chip Charter http://www.pokerchipcharter.com/ where you can hire the boat for your private party. You can book direct or I am sure Tenerife Sunshine will be able to arrange it for you.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boat trip

If you dont suffer from seasickness its great! Me and my boyfiend went on the lady shelley catamatran which was 35 euros, glass bottom boat, buffet and drink included. We saw both whales and dolphins. I suppose it would have been good value if it wasnt for us both being sick for pretty much the whole trip, the sea was very rough, and at least 20 people were sat at the bottom of the boat suffering from sea sickness. Although there are lots of excursion places where they have numerous boat trips which you can chose from!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,753 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boat trip

Land Lubbers !!! lol...god awful thing sea sickness ,thankfully not something i suffer from .

Freebird is probably the best option for any suffer's ,being a catamaran the two hulls make it more stable .....dont sit on the bottom of the boat its one of the worst places to be ,and dont look at the land face away from it

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boat trip

Also with a lot of these trips although you cannot swim with the Dolphins you get the chance to swim in the sea , around the boat /kat ,when it anchors off shore for a while .

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,753 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: boat trip

You didnt fall for that one Alan did you ?...they where shark fishing mate !!!!lol

tenerife
Level Contributor
335 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: boat trip

You can take a private Charter which would be something special for a 50th Birthday. Tenerife sunshine have a few different ones to chose from on their website

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,282 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: boat trip

We too did this several years ago and were sick. I'm a seasoned cruiser and love ferry hopping, but this was something else. It was a hot day and the boat was too full for everyone to sit in the shade under cover, so we ended up on the rear of the boat in the intense heat. Don't want to put you off, but it was a few hours in my life that I would choose to forget and no I wouldn't do it again.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas