We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in march compared to christmas

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
weather in march compared to christmas

hi all,

we usually go to pdla at christmas each year, but due to work i cant go this year, so have booked 10th to 24th march instead.

couple of questions,

we have had excellent christmases (weatherwise) what is it usually like in march?

I would imagine it to be a tad quieter in march, is that the case?

sorry to ask such daft questions, but i have tried looking back at previous posts and cant find anything.

thanks very much

dawn

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

Have not been in March....April yes, but I would imagine you will enjoy the same or better that December. It seems to do well in terms of visitors whenever obviously has its peak times. I went at New Year, to be honest would not pay the money to do it again, but that is my preference.

up north
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

weather warmer in march than december, plenty of people but mostly older end 50 plus than 18-30 crowd..a good time to go..

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

thanks very much for that. christmas (weatherwise ) has always been brill, so to know that mach is prob gunna be better is a bonus.

and to know there will be plenty of folk around is good, esp the older end. thanks so much, at least ive made a good choice in the dates. thank you

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

Though the 25th of December is celebrated ,the Canarians celebrate Los Tres Reyes Magos ( literal translation The Three King Wiazards/ The Three Kings )which is 6th January.So there will still be lots of places open on our Christmas Day .Remember though everything is back to normal on the 26th ,Boxing day is not a celebrated tradition in Tenerife (Canaries/Spain ) .

Temps ....still good but the heat out of the sun is gone by late afternoon ,so you "may" need something for your shoulders from tea time onwards .Maybe a lightweight jacket or cardi ,more so if your sat near a pool for evening entertainment ,or a meal out along the sea front .Cool not COLD !!!

One year i WILL make it for The Three Kings !So many processions and Festivities which ours now sadly lack

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

onelegnofoot,

bin ther dun that i was asking bout march.

soz if i confused things

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

OOPs early morning !!! Sorry lol.....not you its me!!! ,now where have i heard that before ???

March usually low 20s during a day ,still cool in the evening "for Some "...as said its an older crowd but if half term falls in that period you will as per normal find more families ."Scandi Season" is about over so not so many Northern Europeans about .I wouldnt say its quiet you just have to find where the crowd are at ,rather than it being in every bar /restaurant

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

We,ve been there the last five years in March and it can be very mixed. it can be sunny and hot or cloudy and windy or rainy and it is cool at night. it really is the luck of the draw ,always better than at home but definitely not guarantee sunshine.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

no worries onelegnofoot,

i've done the same many many times lol.

how is sunny cleethorpes? rob was working up there last year at sugar ive forgot. he was at the refinery next to conoco.

anyway, you live in a nice town i loved it. not too keen on steels tho.

la, thanks for letting me know bout the last 5 yrs. here's hoping next year will be a nice year.

thanks for that

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

ive just got back from there and had a fab time,we was thinking of going again at xmas time, is it still busy with every think open then and whats the weather like

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in march compared to christmas

Sunny Cleethorpes ....what DAY was that on ???

Steels i had forgot about that place ! For Fish and chips if your ever over again ....Leons in nearby Grimsby at the back of Freshney Place ,or for the very best Fish .Just outside Cleethorpes is Barnoldby Le Beck and a pub their "The Ship" .The owner is a skipper has a couple of trawlers so the fish they serve is excellent as you would expect .

Total Lynsey Oil maybe the refinery ,at Immingham aka Ming Ming