We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleopatra Palace or Europe Villa Cortes

london
Level Contributor
162 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Cleopatra Palace or Europe Villa Cortes

Hi

Have been to Tenerife twice before.Arona Gran first year [nice but bit far from nightlife] and last year we stayed at Sir Anthony in PDLA.We loved this area but really the Sir Anthony was pushing the boat out moneywise so we looked at Cleopatra palace while we were there and thought this year we would try that.Unfortunatly this does not seem to be getting such good reviews this year and I am slightly put off.We like to be very near the sea if possible so have been looking to see if there is anything comparable in the immediate area and the only one that seems to fit the bill is the Villa Cortes.Again this is a bit more pricey.Has anyone been to these hotels and how to they compare.We will probably only go B&B as we like to eat out at night.Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Arona
Arona
Tenerife, Spain
Hotel Sir Anthony
Hotel Sir Anthony
670 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
3,217 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Tramps The King Of Clubs
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars, Dance Clubs & Discos
Tibu Tenerife
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Crystals Palace
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars, Comedy Clubs
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cleopatra Palace or Europe Villa Cortes

I can help a bit with this as we stayed in the Arona gran and the Cleopatra palace but not the Sir anthony or the Villa Cortes. I do agree the Arona Gran is a bit far out although trying to get a sunbed there to me was just unacceptable. The Cleopatra palace breakfast was very good and we loved the area with the beach at the back door and all bars and restaurants at the front and yet the rooms were very quiet. although the decoration was a bit "tired" We stayed in the winter one year in PS2 just along from Villa Cortes and went in most nights for a glass of house wine and a cocktail which were excellent and not much more expensive than nearby bars. There were never many in the bar but we loved what we saw of the hotel .There really is no difference in the areas except the sea is about 3 mins nearer the Cleopatra than the Villa Cortes. If money wasn't an issue I would choose the Villa Cortes but I would be more than happy to stay in the Cleopatra.

Edited: 21 September 2012, 23:01
Mentioned in this post
Arona
Arona
Tenerife, Spain
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
3,217 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Hotel Sir Anthony
Hotel Sir Anthony
670 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
london
Level Contributor
162 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cleopatra Palace or Europe Villa Cortes

Thanks for your help.Still undecided .When we looked at the room in the Cleopatra last year we felt it was ok but as you say a little "tired" but how long do you spend in the room.The thing that's put me off is the general view that standards seemed to have slipped a bit especially the food .The main thing going for it is the position,right on the beach and opposite Safari.Villa Cortes looks amazing but wonder if clientele could be a bit "stuffy".We found that with the Sir Anthony last year.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sir Anthony
Hotel Sir Anthony
670 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cleopatra Palace or Europe Villa Cortes

I think if you are going B&b the food isn't that important a breakfast is usually pretty standard and if the Villa Cortes is more expensive I think I would rather spend my money on good restaurants at night. As I said we didn't,t stay in villa Cortes but we did go in most evenings for a drink as my husband loved their house red but we were usually the only people in the bar and the bar man went out of his way to make me a great cocktail as he hadn,t much else to do ! As areas go you are still near the sea and the fountains but as you say you don,t spend that much time in your room especially on a beach type holiday.

4. Re: Cleopatra Palace or Europe Villa Cortes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas