We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple of Questions

Durham, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Couple of Questions

A group of us are going to PDLA mid-October and I have a couple of questions. First we are staying in the Oro Blanco and I'm wondering which supermarket would be best for us to use, good range of products, good prices and not halfway across the island.

Another thing I wondered was is it easy to get to Siam Park on foot from the Oro Blanco? Don't mind a bit of walking but heard the road going to the park is more like a highway and may not be walkable.

Lastly, although its a bunch of lads in their mid-to late twenties I'm not exactly a fan of the whole 18-30 scene so any reccomemdations on the nicer bars in the area would be appreciated. Dining reccomendations are also welcome.

Yorkshire,England
Level Contributor
457 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple of Questions

If you head down to the beach (towards la vista beach) Parque de la paz hotel just after that there are a row of bars which are very good. Carry on down to the beach and you arrive at the safari centre some very nice eateries there. There is a supermarket in a square on the way down but i cant remember the name of the hotel thats beside it.?!? but im sure someone will be able to tell you more.

Maria

Yorkshire,England
Level Contributor
457 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple of Questions

Zentral Centre - new it would come to me eventually !! Ha ha

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple of Questions

If you exit the Oro Blanco turn right past Oro Negro and Las Floritas,take the first right,go down the hill cross over the road by the Columbus hotel,turn left and on your left is the Spar supermarket or just 10 yards further on same side is the Hiperdino.Both of these are quite good.

Again if you exit Oro Blanco turn right to the same junction,turn right and walk all the way to the bottom past quite a few restaurants and bars,there is a large fairly newly opened Iceland supermarket if you fancy a taste of home.Or turn left at the bottom it takes you past Colon 2 Apts on your left then hotel Las Palmeras on your right,this is the start of The Patch area where you will find lots of entertainment venues.

As for Siam Park I am sure there will be a free bus pick up point close to your apartment.Good luck and have a great time.

Brian

england
Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple of Questions

Think the Supermarket Maria mentions is underground what looks like an office block & cinema so not easy to spot but it is good - a nice deli counter & bread baked every day.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple of Questions

Siam Park have free BLUE buses with Siam poster's on easy to spot,they go around the resort,ask at you reception they should be able to tell you were the buses pick up.The strip of bar's by the Parque de la plaz hotel have entertainment going on in most of the bar's from comedy to motown.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couple of Questions

Popped into Iceland in las americas on recent visit....how expensive it is....if you are in a hotel just stick to the closest local supermarket, have not been robbed and too hot to run about looking for bargains. Can do that back home. We got beer and wine at extremely good prices in the local supermarkets. Of course the other option is eating out!!

7. Re: Couple of Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas