We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

Hi everyone

After a fab holiday earlier this year we've booking to go back in February.

Got accommodation booked at parque Santiago - an apartment.

We love Montana and el cedro for breakfast but is there other hotels in the area - anywhere walkable which would give us the whole buffet experience in a fabulous resort location? And maybe the prices they'd charge - it's really hard to beat el cedro, I know - just thinking of a treat day.

Also any hotels where you can go for a day pass to use facilities .

Or any destination style hotels to visit for a special / reasonable dinner or buffet and entertainment - anywhere worth seeing for the experience / wow factor / just a change. Not too expensive dinner wise but nice comfy special hotels, even jut o have a coffee in. When we were out in tenerife before so many hotels looked amazing, especially around safari centre but we didn't know if we could go in to eat / have a drink / see a show.

Looking forward to your answers - and thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
368 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

we always used to call into hotels for a coffee or a drink, however i have read a few reviews on hotels and get the impression now that some do not take money - only room numbers etc.we have not been for several years so cant comment on how strict this is. we went to lanzarote last year, we were staying in a villa, but this did not stop us using the hotel at the top of the road,it was an iberostar, we just paid for what we had even though half of the clients were all inc.I suppose you can always just walk in and ask the question.We always made a habit of calling in the conquistador for an irish coffee or two when we have stayed at parque santiago, - this year we will be staying at the conquistador so any such policies wont effect us.Recently i have read that a couple went in the villa cortes for drinks, i have read it on this site and it wasn't that long ago, this is near to where you are staying

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

You can go into the Vulcano hotel for drinks not to sure about food?Villa Cortes has a menu outside for people to see and you can eat there.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

We have often eaten at the Paradise Park Hotel , when not staying there ; really good value ... and then stayed for the show .... not sure about the other requests you have ... just pop in and ask at reception .... they will soon tell you, yes or no ....

I think it is quite the norm to be able to eat in hotels that you are not staying at , as long as you pay ....

Sylla

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

Hi and thanks for replies so far.

I've read on another tenerife forum that you can get a day pass - use of pools, umbrella, lounger Monday -Friday at Paradise Park hotel for 8 Euro and all inclusive food, drinks for 15 euro.

Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Is this hotel in walking distance from parque Santiago 2? Would it be worth going for a day? Are there any other hotels/resorts any one know who offer this?

Any other ideas on my original post would be appreciated please.

Is there any complete listing of what entertainment is on in hotels at night or is it a question of looking when we're there?

I'm just trying to have a couple of nights entertainment organised - nothing hectic, we're not drinkers, just some places to go for dinner, or after dinner for entertainment / bit of music / tribute band without it costing too much for the 5 of us.

We did the decades dinner and show last year, thinking of the sound of the musicals this year - is it worth the price in your opinion, or what else would people recommend.

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts

england
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

the paradisee have bee park is in los cristianos up the hill.i supppse you could walk if you have got strong legs.i personally dont thimk its worth going for the day.the poolarea is not impresive.if you want something special thats not the place.

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

Had reply from paradise park so thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else in interested.

Costs 15 euro for entry into leisure park beside hotel 10am - 5.30 including food and beverages per adult.

The buffet dinner is 13.50 euro, excluding drinks.and you need to buy tickets in advance from reception and can stay for entertainment.

I have contacted a few other hotels as we'd like to do this a few evenings for anchange and will post if I get reply, your info, if you've done this type of thing, would be appreciated.

7. Re: Day pass hotel facilities breakfast/evening PDLA/LCris/CAdj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations