We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday report.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday report.

Just got back from a week's holiday yesterday. Had a great time. My 2nd on the island, last time was with my brother and this with my girlfriend.

We went at various points to most areas from Playa Del Duque area (which is very classy, well worth going to) all the way along to Los Cristianos...

But some highlights..

A trip to La Gomera - totally different look and feel to Tenerife. Amazingly lush mountainous landscape with a rainforest/national park in the middle. This had the wettest, mistiest conditions I've ever experienced....this was booked through Tenerife Sunshine who i can heartily recommend.

The woman (Emma?) in the office across from Hotel Jardin Tropical was really nice - and honest too (she was brutally frank about one boat tour, which was good as sounded like it wouldn't suit us at all). The trip to Gomera was an Atlantico coach tour, the dutch guide Peter was excellent.

Also went to 'History' show at Magma Centre which is just behind the Bus station at Las Americas. Beautiful building, lovely modernist architecture with interesting artworks inside. Show was great, covering the history of music from classical times up to the present day. This had performers covering such a wide range - from bach and strauss, opera, swingtime jazz to funk, soul and rock and roll and then up to modern day pop. Also has some amazing dancers and acrobats as part of the show too! This was also booked through Tenerife Sunshine.

Also, went to Monkey Park. What an enchanting place. Took a punnet of grapes and having monkeys and marmosets etc literally taking them out of your hands (and with such gentleness too) was an experience I'll never forget. This was booked through an office which is right across from Irish Rover pub - beside "Wetherspoons" bar in a wee indoor market. Wee british woman in there was really nice too.

I would heartily recommend the row of restaurants at San Telmo near to Los Cristianos. Feel like real restaurants rather than "pack them in and give them ridiculously large portions of sub-standard meaty fare" type places. Watermelon was great.

I love Tenerife. To experience mid-20s and sunshine at this time of year is great. Thanks also to red queen/aguilas - both times her blog has been invaluable as a resource.

The only thing was the flys - bit of an annoyance when trying to eat/drink outside. explained to my g/f that they weren't present last year...bit of a one-off?? Not a ruiner of the holiday by any means anyway...

Cheers,

Paul.

southport
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday report.

heard some really good veiws about watermelon, isit a bar or restaraunt? and were isit say from las vistas beach

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday report.

It's a restaurant. You can acces it from the road which runs parallel with the beach. Just walk up the steps at either end of the row of bars and you will find it there.

southport
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday report.

i notice your from barnsley thats a coincidence coz it was a large family group from barnsley who 1st told us about the watermelon newyear b4 last

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday report.

You can see from this website http://www.ccsantelmo.com/eng/shops.html there are some nice places there. Click on the name of a bar, cafe, restaurant and most of them have a few images so you can see what each is like.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday report.

Wasn't me! But yes it is nice. Not my type of food but the location and service make it.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday report.

WaterMelon ....If you dont like steps (like me) .At the Safari Centre find Zaras(opposite Vista Sur shopping area ).On the corner where Zaras is sited turn left and follow the road up which leads you between Torres de Sol apts and La Pinta hotel ,this then leads you up past Azahara apts to a small roundabout ( you are now over looking Playa Las Vista ) and its straight across the roundabout .

Edited: 27 November 2012, 07:06
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday report.

You certainly made the most of your holiday Pabl. Been in Tenerife many times and haven't seen La Gomera or the monkey park yet,nor have I seen many flies before so hopefully they're a one off.

8. Re: Holiday report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations