We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hospitals

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
1 post
Save Topic
hospitals

which hospitals in playa las americas will except the e111 card or are there any goverment funded or state hospitals in las americas?

Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hospitals

E111 has been replaced by the EHIC now, make sure you're up to date before you travel!

nhs.uk/NHSEngland/…about-the-ehic.aspx

Renfrewshire...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hospitals

Im waiting to see what advice I can be given as well cos I ended up in the private hospital - thomas cook recommend it but im beginning to think that there is some sort of link with this hospital and travel companies. I would be grateful for advice as well, where do the ex pats go, do they know of good doctors, any english speaking ones? We were at the Compestelo Beach Golf II which was 10 minutes from Hospiten Sur - the island is that big it all depends on transport, location, etc. There were medical centres and doctors across from the Marola Park apartments but was advisedn not to go WHY? - i HAD a bad experience in the hospital and it has put me off going the Las Americas again.

Could anyone give us all advice about this because you never know when you need it. I should have contacted the insurance company direct instead of taking advice from Thomas Cook.

north west england
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hospitals

I believe the major state hospital in the area will be El Mojon, on the way to Arona. Bear in mind the staff may well not speak English and you will need to take an interpreter with you.

4. Re: hospitals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas