We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North West England
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
"Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

We are hoping to Visit Playa de las Americas (and Tenerife) for the first time at the end of May (School Hols) We are going for All inclusive for once and we have narrowed it to the 2 hotels in the title...

The Green Garden Resort and Suites seem ok but seem a little more remote and the Bitacora seems like a better location, but some recent tripadvisor comments suggest it had become tired. The Price is about the same, so its hard to decide...

Any advice?

Cheers

Greg

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

Bitacora is in a great location,easy to get around without paying for taxi/buses, Guess it depends if you are bothered about location really IMO for location only i would book Bitacora,i have not stayed in any of your choice but we had a look around Bitacora last May and spoke to a few people staying there and they said it was lovely.

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

Hi,

We have stayed at The Bitacora 4 times and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It is very well located and a really lovely hotel - staff are brilliant and we found the food excellent.

I havent stayed at the green Garden but it is a fair trek out of the resort compared to the Bitacora unless you get a cab.

Bitacora would get my vote.

Kelly

http://inkellysworld.wordpress.com

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

agree bitacora in a great position, get a pool view and you may be also lucky to get a refurbished room, they are beautiful...and very spacious.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

IMO the green garden is a much nicer looking place, however the location is like other people have said a cab ride into the centre (or a fair walk). Also, the hotel vulcano ( which is the bitacoora's sister hotel) is also a great option, the food is amazing!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

The Bitacora - if not just for the fantastic food.

The hotel has been/is being refurbished - and don't forget, that you can actually request the room you want (dependent on availability) . When I used to book direct with Springhoteles.com , I always asked for a specific room (number) on the 7th floor meaning great views.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,499 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

Green Garden is a good 25 / 30mins before you get anywhere ,so imo its a taxi at least coming back at night if not going too! Bitacora has shops bars and beaches all around it ...from Green Garden you basically have to walk to the Bitacora before you can even get anywhere .EL Camisson is your nearest area of bars / restaurants however though it doesnt bother me ,it does tend to be mainly local Canarians that use these ,especially if football is on ...they go frantic ! great fun to watch them though

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

Bitacora every time for good food & location - you are so close to beach, restaurants/shops/bars of all prices. It is also a flat area and well lit so a pleasure to walk around.

I would definately book a pool view room as there is one side that looks towards tennis courts that gets very little sun and not much of a view. Whatever you pay extra for the pool view room you would easily save in getting taxis up to Greeen Golf.

Looks like a no brainer from the replies you're getting !!

up north
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

i would pick the bitacora over the green garden, if you prefer to be right in the middle of things, green garden ideal though if you just want a relaxing holiday in the sun.

Edited: 19 May 2013, 08:50
9. Re: "Green Garden Resort and Suites" or "Bitacora" ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas