We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best budget hotel/apartment

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork
3 posts
Save Topic
Best budget hotel/apartment

Hi, I'm travelling to Tenerife for the first time in October and am wondering out of the cheapest deals we could find which of the following hotels would you recommend / stay away from?

- Bungalows Barranco

-Haccienda del Sol

- Aparthotel Ponderosa

- Laguna Park II Apartments

Any help would be appreciated :)

Edited: 03 March 2013, 15:00
North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best budget hotel/apartment

Hi Hacienda del sol is in Starco's area good if you want 18/30 holiday,location imo is good for restaurant/bar's.Apt no good for familys.

Barranco good location.

Laguna 11 is a good way out and up a very long hill and over the motorway location imo no good friend of mine stayed with her partner and she said never again, you will find because of the location that you will be paying for taxi ok they are about 3euro but that does add up when there are better location;s near to things.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best budget hotel/apartment

hiya ash,

and welcome to trip advisor. i can only comment on one and that is the barranco apartments. dont know what age group you are, but on the reviews it seems that it is more suited for the middle aged group. we stayed there 3 years ago and we will be arriving there next sunday. if you look at the reviews you will get a good comprehension of what the place is like.

for us its cheap and cheerful depending on who and how you book. the pool area is tiny and would deffo not accommodate even half of the apts let alone the whole of it. the room itself is kept clean, but basic and ofcourse the dreaded spiral staircase. it isnt that bad really, altho hard to get the cases up there. i remember when we came home rob threw the empty cases down and then all the clothes and i packed downstairs. the flooring upstairs is all tiled and quite dangerous when wet (i believe) i am taking a couple of my own towels to put on the floor when we come out of the shower, coz if anyone gunna go a over t it would be me.

we had a studio (which i didnt realise till we got there) it was small compared to the apartments which had much bigger downstairs area.

i have booked an apartment for this time, not that we spend much time in there. our 1st time we had a pool view room and was really quiet but didnt get any sun at all i didnt even know that the apartments went ontop of the anchor pub, and i have since read reports of loud noise until 2 or 3 in the morning, so they would be rooms to avoid.

all in all we had no complaints what so ever, i must admit because of the stairs i didnt drink as much as i normally would, so saved some money there lol.

as finney says the barranco is in a good location. not too far from veronicas if that is yoiur thing. we head towards las vistas area and find it a nice walk and can go several different ways. plenty of eateries close by (from what i remember) if i was you i would read a good few reviews of all that you have named, that way you will get a better feel for the place, and of course i am sure you will have lots more advice on here also.

good luck with your research

dawn

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best budget hotel/apartment

Great info Dawn.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best budget hotel/apartment

only coz i was fairly sober most of that hol finney (due to staircase lol)

i have requested a room without the staircase this hol hopefully i will get one, but i wont know till i get there

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best budget hotel/apartment

Lol Dawn,what you like got my fingers crossed you get one without the stairs Mmmmm. Enjoy.

6. Re: Best budget hotel/apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas