We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go with a newbie?

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
where to go with a newbie?

Hi

i have been to PDLA about 10 times in the last 6 years, and i guess i may have become a bit blase about it, always sticking to the safari centre, the paz strip, beaches etc.

In May i will be coming over with my fella, who has never been to Tenerife before, where should i take him? days out, evening out, nice but reasonable restaurants.

We are staying at the Andorra apartments.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,545 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go with a newbie?

Just up the road is an area called San Telmo ,its up above Playa Las Vistas .There are some great restaurants up there ,all with fantastic views over the beach area and coast line .Heres a linkto some of the restaurants ....

http://www.ccsantelmo.com/eng/shops.hml

A few favourites up there are SlowBoat2 (Chinese) Habib( Lebonese) and my favourite "The WaterMelon" i tried this place with friends after reading this blog ,heres a link .....

…tenerife.co.uk/watermelon-restaurant/#comme…

essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go with a newbie?

Thanks onleg, def going to try watermelon as it's always recommended. Less than 9 weeks and can't wait!

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go with a newbie?

Habibi (on same strip as watermelon which I do really like too) would be our favourite .for food .We ate there last week and had a starter between us (spiced meatballs with pine nuts and 3 dips) I had lamb,aubergine tomatoes ,potatoes in a type of tagine with rice and my husband had chicken kebab with rice. We had a cocktail 2 glasses of wine and water and it was about 47 euros.

Another great restaurant is "Locando" Italian near the Mongolian in Los Cristianos.it has a very varied menu and is always busy.

I think you should try other restaurants away from the strip as you are probably paying more just to eat in that area.

Have a lovely time.

essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go with a newbie?

LA.CO thanks for that recommendation!!! Another to try.... Can't wait to be back!!!

5. Re: where to go with a newbie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas