We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

peterlee
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos

We are travelling to Playa de las americas in late May. Could anyone tell me if there is a problem with mosquitos at the present or if they increase near the time we are going.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos

I never get bitten but I do know some that do so I would say yes there'. Mosquito in Tenerife

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,528 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos

Have never seen any.

herts
Level Contributor
230 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos

never been bitten by them over the years until last month! we walked along the beach one evening and i got bitten 5 times. but they must of liked me, as i was the only one out of 4 that got bitten!

Thorne, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos

Always get bitten!!! pfft!

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos

If you get bitten elsewhere then look at trying skin so soft spray from Avon. Works for me whatever country

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos

Mozzies love me as a rule ...but never been bitten on tenerife ! alover europe yes bitten badly and one got me in Tunisia ...right where the sun dont shine ! ( if you know what i mean !! ) ...lol. but never had any prob on tenerife. if you buy reppelant make sure it contains ..Deet....apparently they hate it and its used on jungle expeditions...ps i hate the cockroaches more !!.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 22:55
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos

Never seen a cochroach but I'm always bitten by mozzies.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11,483 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos

In all the time coming to tenerife never have eirher of us been bitten.

9. Re: Mosquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas