We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices of cigarettes and vodka

peterlee
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Prices of cigarettes and vodka

We are going to Playa de las Americas in May. I am wondering is it best to buy my Lambert & Butler cigarettes on the plane or in the resort. I also would like Smirnoff vodka or Tequila gold. i can get the vodka on the plane but is it cheaper in the resort and how much is Tequila Gold in the resort.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices of cigarettes and vodka

Can't help with cigarettes but I know Smirnoff vodka is 10.99 euros a litre in the Mercadonna and the Spanish style shops. We travelled with Jet 2 and they had a good offer of 2 litre bottles of Smirnoff blue for £20 which is cheaper than you will buy it in Tenerife. I didn't notice Smirnoff gold in the resort but they had it in Tenerife duty free for 19 euros a litre. But Tenerife duty free is very expensive and I would never buy anything from it.

Edited: 20 April 2013, 18:20
herts
Level Contributor
230 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices of cigarettes and vodka

we flew last month with monarch, and their cigarettes were £49 for 400. in resort they are about 20 euros for 200. the vodka was 2 for £20 on there too.

going home, they had a lot of offers in duty free, we got 400 superkings for 40 euros.....in resort they were about 50 euros

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,979 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices of cigarettes and vodka

like above, l and b are cheaper in resort than even at Manchester.

Smirnoff is 10 euros a bottle in Spanish style, and Smirnoff gold is 19 for 19.99 euros a bottle.

I've never had gold off topic what's the difference.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices of cigarettes and vodka

If its the gold I tasted Claire its got bits of gold floating in it a bit like the gold liquor can't remember the name ,Goldslanger? Or something similar. It tastes like cinnamon.They were giving samples of it in Tenerife duty free but it was the same price in Tescos.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
816 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices of cigarettes and vodka

I think the OP was asking about tequilla gold as opposed to Vodka gold.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices of cigarettes and vodka

TBH I wouldn't bother with Smirnoff. Overpriced cr@p.

Grab a local brand, just as good and far less cash.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices of cigarettes and vodka

You may be right omearatho and to be honest I can't tell the difference between different vodkas but I just think that if its triple distilled it might not be as bad for you.

Some of he very cheap ones must be hard on your system like a very cheap wine and I don't drink that much that the price would make that much difference to me.

8. Re: Prices of cigarettes and vodka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas