We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yes or No at ATM's

arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Yes or No at ATM's

Hi Folks

For all the years we have been going to Tenerife I can never remember if I should choose yes or no when asked which currency i want my withdrawl charge too.

Probably won't need to use ATM but depends how much I spend in the Safari Centre...lol.

Fly out Friday morning and can't wat in need of some heat.

Thanks

Cuban

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,839 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yes or No at ATM's

I always say NO because I don't want to accept there rate, I let my bank do it.

Edited: 01 May 2013, 19:26
arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yes or No at ATM's

Thanks for that. You would think I after all these years I would remember.

Cuban

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yes or No at ATM's

I can't remember which currency the Yes/No question refers to but you should ALWAYS take the option of being charged in euros rather than sterling if it's offered to you as it's cheaper. The same applies when using a credit card in a shop or restaurant and you get offered the choice.

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Yes or No at ATM's

Hi cubans, We use the bank beside Bier Pinte outside Parque Santiago 3 and say NO to accepting ATM quote andwhen my bank statement comes in it's always cheaper than ATM says ....... this bank is handy for Safari Centre!

Good advice from sammmysgranny to ask to be charged euros c/card purchases

Happy hols.

arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yes or No at ATM's

Thanks to everyone

Arrived today, the way the weather is think there will be more shopping than sunbathing, May need everyone's advice after all...lol. Not to worry I'm on holiday and will have a fab time no matter what the weather is like.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,090 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yes or No at ATM's

Blimey do they still exchange Groats to Euros !!! LOL........have a fantastic time Cuban

7. Re: Yes or No at ATM's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas