We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forcast

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forcast

Hi, im going to be staying is Playa de las americas shortly and wondered if anyone could help me out with the best tv channel to watch in order to get the local weather forcasts for the days ahead. Does the weather forcast come on after the news programs and if so what sort of times are they on, i like to keep an eye on this as it helps when planning day trips and so on. I dont speak Spanish but can make out by the symbols what its going to be doing,lol

Many thanks.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forcast

Hi, there are a number of both national and local TV channels, such as News 24. If you have a smart phone iPad etc. you can download an app before you go.

But don't worry about the weather. At this time of the year you rarely get a cool day. It can be a little cloudy, but this is very thin, it soon burns off, and the sun is so strong it still gets through. So you can still burn, so take care.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forcast

I'm like you green port .I like to plan too. There is a Canarian channel TV Canaria 1 & 2 and I think it's 1 gives the weather about 9.20 am and about 6.15 in the evening .Thos is a very rough guide I'm not exactly sure.

But Tenerife has a very unusual weather pattern and you can be sitting in cloud and literally a couple of miles away it can be sunny.

Edited: 14 June 2013, 21:58
Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forcast

Sorry typing error !! Was meant to say this is a very rough guide and I'm not exactly sure of the times !

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forcast

Thank you all for the information, i will keep an eye out for those channels.

5. Re: Weather forcast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas