We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to go in November to PLDA, book now or wait?? :-)

falkirk, scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Want to go in November to PLDA, book now or wait?? :-)

Hi. Me and my wife and the twins (boy and girl age 3) are wanting to come to PDLA for the first time, in November this year. Just a few quick questions if anyone can help please? We have roughly the week or 2 we are both off work sorted so is it best just to wait till 6 weeks before to book or book now for the best prices. We are thinking of doing a package deal. Been looking at alpharooms.com and travelrepublic websites and they seem to be coming up with the best prices after quite alot of hours of research. Anybody dealt with these websites before? Good reports, bad reports? Thankyou for your advice in advance. Richie.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to go in November to PLDA, book now or wait?? :-)

Hi Richie,

We use Travelrepublic a lot only problem i would say is there Resort Transfer's you have to wait on the coach for other planes to land and them people to join you,You dont have to use there Transfers but they are cheap, We do have to travel in school holidays so it might be better term time? it took 2hours last time we used them for a 20/25min journey to our hotel,so this time we got a private taxi but for TR yes all is good,you dont have a resort rep but in Tenerife you dont really need one and they are ATOL protected.

Plenty of taxi onsite in the airport you dont have to book them,they are well organised.Depends where you are staying it's about 20/25 euro one way to PDLA.You can book transfers one way to keep the cost down for your return journey.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 16:21
Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
portsmouth england
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to go in November to PLDA, book now or wait?? :-)

we go every november and book our own flights and then book apartment through owners direct

Then on arrival just jump in a taxi about 25 euros

No hassle

I usually book the apartment first then keep an eye on flight pircise as they go up and down and book as soon as I decide i am getting the best deal I can find

I will say we have usually booked before June to go in November

I tend to find that when flight prices first come out they are pricey then they slowly come down till they get to the lowest they are going to be then they go up a little to catch the people who book at the last minute thinkling thats when the cheapest prices are, thats my observation for what its worth

Edited: 17 June 2013, 14:08
essex
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
1,705 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to go in November to PLDA, book now or wait?? :-)

No problems with Travel Rebublic,agree the transfers are long winded,but you get to see places you have never seen before,and they are cheap.However a taxi is much quicker,straight out on to motorway and you are there 15 minutes later.We always go January and February and are already booked,hopefully at a good price.You may get a last minute bargain (package holiday)

4. Re: Want to go in November to PLDA, book now or wait?? :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas