We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in tenerife - a few questions

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
1st time in tenerife - a few questions

I am going to pdla next month for the 1st time and also going by myself. I am staying at the Andorra apartments (self catering). Where is the nearest shop/supermarket and will they be open late at night (after 9/10 o'clock)? Should I take or hire a fan? Which pubs/clubs would be suitable for me (I am 40) and is it safe to walk to and from there by myself? Is there lockers at Siam Park for valuables - and can you take in your own food/drink? Are there any boat trips or other activities I could do by myself? Thanks for all your answers and please feel free to offer any other advice.

Mentioned in this post
Siam Park
Siam Park
24,610 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

Hi ,

Supermarket ...nearest would be just around the corner which i believe opens till 10 pm .As you come out of reception its on a an angle so head to the left and keep left its just next door at Rose Marie .

However ,you have a better cheaper one if your doing a big shop a day or so later .....Mercadonnas,route for this supermarket is with your reception behind you Zentral Centre hotel on your left cross the road a head up the road between 2 garden /park area. You will then come to CC Aborra where there is a large electrical store on the corner where its sited turn right and its just over the road ...take lift or stairs down to the store and make sure you come back up the same way .Its built on a hill .so you can come out from store level but it may throw your bearings out !...approx 8 mins walk

Area ...yes very safe (touch wood!) and if you turn right from reception you will then come past the side of Parque La Paz Hotel after which take the footpath off to the right .You are now on The Paz Strip .This entertainment area is suited to singles ,couples and families .Great acts and venues in that area ,just look at what suits you .As its a 2 min walk along a busy road its very safe .....

IF you continue down the road with out turning onto the Paz Strip you will come to the junction where the Safari shopping centre splits both ways ,a fantastic area of shops .

Beach ....the best imo is Playa las Vistas ,and your so very close ! From the split in the safari Centre lok over to the left you will see Compostello Beach Apts then Vista Sur shopping Centre behind to the left of this area is Playa Las Vistas .

Siam Parque ....firstly if your going to use the Free Bus ,there is a stop just after Rosie Marie ,then Vulcano hotel after which you will see the lay by outside Hotel Best Tenerife where the free bus stops .

Lockers yes there are ...food ,not allowed but people still try to take some in .If caught its taken from you.so really if this happens your paying for food and drinks twice .

Fans ...usually to hire between 10 and 15 euros per week ,average.I find they are expensive to buy there against prices here in the UK .however with baggage allowances i suppose its better to hire one

Mentioned in this post
Siam Park
Siam Park
24,610 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

Bring an empty suitcase as the sales start today and last until 31st August and the bargains are terrific !!!

Oneleg bet you thought your OH would miss them this visit but she has a whole 24 hours to shop before boarding that plane ROFL

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

3. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 19:35
4. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 19:35
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

theres lots of little supermarkets, there is a big mercadonna, bit like asda ! but too late to be finding at 9 !! there are lots of folk on their own, we met someone the other yr, people very friendly ! there are lots of little bars which aren't night clubby, if I were you I'd just go to a bar & grab something to eat on your 1st night, then go look for supermarket the nxt day, just make sure you have some water to drink, ive been goin to pdla for over 20 yrs ! would live there if I could !! its a great place for all ages !!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

Thanks for you replies. Much appreciated. My flight gets in about 8 at night and then time I get luggage and find transfer would probably be too late for shop but just have to wait till morning to get milk for my tea etc. Sure I will get talking to folk during the day when sunbathing and can tag along with them in the evening (hopefully!)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

I found most of the supermarkets are open till 10 & Spanish Style are open till 11. U got plenty time to get supply's in.

Falkirk, Scotland...
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

I'm 20 years younger than you but also Scottish - I'd say get yourself to Veronicas :)

Falkirk, Scotland...
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

And it is safe to walk back from pubs/clubs ect - never had any problems doing this at like 5/6am.

There is lockers in Siam Park too :)

Mentioned in this post
Siam Park
Siam Park
24,610 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time in tenerife - a few questions

Thanks. How do I get to Veronicas from my apartments and how long does it take to walk there?