We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
best place

thinking of spending 28 nights in Tenerife Jan/ Feb 2014 which would be the best resort (weather wise) Los Cristianos area or Puerto de La Cruz .I am 66 and my partner will be 65 , she likes cafes and shopping ,we both are not too bothered about beach life ,we both like to amble along and stop for a coffee and a beer etc. Like an area that has some atmosphere and night life (lively bars ) plenty of restaurants etc.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,097 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place

It's always stated on here that the south of the island is dryer and slightly warmer than the north so based on that then Los Cris may suit you better. If you're planning 28 nights then you could split the time up and do both.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place

That 'slightly warmer' in the south can make all the difference in the evening time i.e 15 degrees in the south verse 11 degrees in the north.

North weather over the last 12 months;

weatherspark.com/history/29190/2013/Tenerife…

South weather over the last 12 months;

weatherspark.com/history/29189/2013/Tenerife…

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place

The south IMO too,

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place

South it will be then, thanks for your fast responses

5. Re: best place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas