We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex
Level Contributor
56 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

We are staying this weekend in Americas...can anyone recommend the Best restaurant to eat at...price no object but quality and service imperative.......also opposite cleopatra hotel is a nice place up the steps and next to mama mia Italian...I think an Argentinian...any ideas of the name and comments about it ??...thanks...leaving Wednesday to fly down so feedback really appreciated...thanks

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

Far too many to give a definitive answer. Depends if you are willing to travel - 15 mins in a taxi will give some excellent results. If you want to stay within walking distance then it may help if you say type of food you like. If you like the Safari Centre you will find these http://www.venturerestaurantstenerife.com/

http://queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com/

Sussex
Level Contributor
56 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

We would like good steak ( Argentinian if poss ) but typical canarian would also be nice

Sussex
Level Contributor
56 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

thank you

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

Biancos for me, although mama Rosas was very good, when last there in feb.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

Best steaks are about 20 mins in a taxi to Busanada the restaurant is called La Brasa - not cheap, …wordpress.com/2010/10/11/la-brasa-buzanada/ but always keep it for a special treat.

Here are the reviews on TA tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g230096-d9… and if I was going in the opposite direction it would be to Jardin Restaurant, Costa Adeje …wordpress.com/2013/… tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g796999-… we will be here next weekend with our foodie friends.

Sussex
Level Contributor
56 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

thanks

7. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:12
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

Originally it was at the lower end 18000rpm ....but as normal Google maps have not updated it ! Not been myself but friends tried it ....Not Rated !!

Some of my all time favourites are in the San Telmo area ,off Playa Las Vistas .These tier up from the sea front walk way to road level above .

Ones we love are .Habib ( Lebonese /Middle Eastern food ) Slowboat II ( Chinese,) The WaterMelon though is really good .

Heres a link to the restaurants and bars there .....

http://www.ccsantelmo.com/eng/shops.hml

Near to the bus station /police station is El Gomero ,used by locals ,taxi drivers and the police ( so be good !!) great Canarian food ,nothing special decor wise IMO but the food is excellent

Edited: 12 November 2013, 08:15
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

If you really like steak you could try Mason Castellano in El Camison (opp the Mercadonna and the CC Abona)

It's a couple of years since we were there but the steak was excellent .

You chose your own from a chilled cabinet ,there is no menu .

Our Spanish is terrible so we managed to have Parma ham and melon and soup for a starter .

The portions were huge.

The steak just came with chips which I was a bit disappointed with.

But if we'd spoken Spanish we could have ordered properly!

The wine was very good too.

It wasn't cheap but for a good steak and a true Canarian restaurant I think its worth it.

10. Re: BEST restaurant Playa de las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 09:39
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas