We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DVD hire

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
DVD hire

Hi TA experts, I have searched on Tenerife forum but nothing matches my search,,I will be staying near Compostela Beach apartments for 4 weeks in the New Year, I know the apartment has a DVD player and I wondered if there is a DVD hire shop in the area.

Thanks in advance

Belle

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
1. Re: DVD hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 07:43
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DVD hire

Along with 18000rpm ......you are better and cheaper to buy them off the Looky Lookies .Most of the DVD rental shops i have seen are based for the locals so many are dubbed in Spanish /Canarian .Just let the sun glass /watch sellers know its DVDs your intrested in they will let that seller know !!......Never pay the price they ask for "BARTER"

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DVD hire

I have bought a lot of DVDs off one looky looky man who only sells DVDs

He won't barter at all ,but if a DVD isn't good quality he will replace it the next time.

The thing that does concern me though is the legality of it.

I know it isn't legal as it does say that on the films but I am quite concerned as to where the money goes?

If it's just him earning a bit on the side I don't mind but I do worry it might go to a drugs baron somewhere?

We do bring DVDs with us but as you say there are no English DVD shops to hire them.

Has anyone any ideas on this ?

4. Re: DVD hire

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 14:31
Edited: 28 January 2014, 14:31
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DVD hire

That makes me feel better 18000.

I have no problem with the looky looky men I always find them friendly .

But there's an opening for some entrepreneur !

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DVD hire

Thanks for the input, sounds like I will be on the look out for the looky looky man, I know I won't need to look far

Belle

7. Re: DVD hire

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas