We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time do you go out to eat?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What time do you go out to eat?

May be a stupid question but I often wonder if we go out to early as I never seem to be able to last the night once my stomach is full.

Just wondering if we went out at 8.30 - 9.00 instead, would it be too late for the restaurants. We normally go about 7 - 7.30.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,434 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

I don't like eating late. My normal eating time is between 6pm and 6.30 pm. However the last time we visited Tenerife we found some of the restaurants close to where we were staying did not fully open until 7pm.

I have most definitely viewed restaurants that are open around 9pm. The first night we landed because it was a late flight we ate at 10pm although I wouldn't normally.

I don't think you'll have a problem eating around 9 o'clock.

Midlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

No problem at all especially if you are eating in the mesons or other locals restaurants. The Spanish tend to eat much later than us in the uk. Usually just going out to eat at 10 pm

London, England
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

Even in the UK we don't have dinner until at 8pm. In Tenerife 8.30-9pm is about the normal time to eat out. Not like my Spanish friends in Seville, who eat about 10.30 - 11pm, as they tend to do in Madrid too. That is a bit too late for even me.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,388 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

It depends on what were doing later on.

if we.ve a full night out in a bar to see an artist then we eat out on our way back from our afternoon out. Because I can.t drink after eating.

if were just going to have a walk and call in somewhere around 10.30 for 1 then we usually go out at 8.00pm

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

Think I may have to change my eating habits when away and start to eat later. Want to actually make it past midnight for a change drinking lol.

manchester
Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

Siesta time half 5 till half 7 . Showered changed hit the paz strip for 9.45pm . That 2 hour kip is a godsend come 4 in the morning

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

I'm lucky if I'm eating by 10Pm, always eat late on holidays , also at home too,

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

Tends to be about 9pm!

Out and about until about 6:30pm, back for showers and a beer on the balcony, out about 8pm for a gentle walk and in restaurant about 8:45pm! Eat and have a drink etc and usually end up in the Sax bar about 10:30pm!

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

OMG ! I'm totally out of all your Zones ! you must be all bright young chicks ! it's eat at 6:30 for me , otherwise I would never sleep .. and age thing ! you will get there one day ! ;-))

Sylla

London, England
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What time do you go out to eat?

Sylla

I think you know I'm not a spring chicken, but I don't even think of what I'm going to cook till OH gets home, which can be anytime between 4-6pm. It's just gone 9pm and we have just finished dinner.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas