We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mountain behind marola portosin

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
74 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
mountain behind marola portosin

Hi, we're staying in marola portosin again this year in July, i've heard you get fabulous views from the top of the mountain/hill behind (can't remember its name), firstly would it be advisable to climb in the heat, do you need proper climbing equipment or just wear normal clothes with sensible footwear. Do you know how long it takes to get up there at a steady pace. I have walked past it and I assume there is a footpath which takes you up there. I'm not an athlete by any means but I don't mind a good walk.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mountain behind marola portosin

Hi Julie it is called "Montana Chayofita ",no climbing equipment is needed .The footpath leads up and only the last section is a bit of a scramble .Parts are loose type shale so best if you wear trainers .....not done this myself (disabled) but my wife ,daughter and numerous friends have .Only further advise i would give is make sure you have drinks with you ,if you intend going in the heat of the day

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,771 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mountain behind marola portosin

From Marola Portosin, turn right out of the hotel and when you get to the zebra crossing by the El Gomero restaurant, turn right again along the pedestrian walkway up to the 24 hour Supermarket. Cross to the supermarket and follow the path from here along the right hand side of the main dual carriageway towards Los Cristianos. The path passes through some trees and if you look to the right you will see the back of the small volcanic cone you are referring to, it's called Montana Chayofita. When you reach an information board with a map of the walk on it on the right, leave the pavement here and start climbing. You can go either way round, it doesn't make any difference as you will end up back at the information board.

Here is a copy of the directions. that cyberhiker gave me.

Trainers will be fine, go early if it's going to be a hot day and take your time, it should take you about an hour and half to 2 hours depending on how fast you go.

And don't forget your camera. .

Edited: 03 March 2014, 08:20
3. Re: mountain behind marola portosin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas