We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

Swansea
Level Contributor
195 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

I visited Siam today and what com artists they are!! We entered the park after paying €68 for 2 people. When we had paid we found people sitting around and no water coming down all the slides! The lazy river was also not working. Other people told us that they had been waiting for over an hour and there had been a power cut and they were going to ask for a refund. Eventually after waiting around in the sun with no shade we decided to go back to the ticket place and also request refund. On our arrival there other people were arguing with the manager and another worker. One family had paid over €300. To cut a long story short we were told Siam park do not do refunds (as displayed IN the park!) we argued along with other people but we're told repeatedly that it was not their problem that they had a power cut. We gave up eventually and went to the 'beach'. The rides did start eventually but at around 2pm guess what..... They stopped again. Unfortunately this meant that the few rides that did start again had huge queues. We didn't go on the 2 new rides as there was an hours queue all day with no shade. Please does anyone know where I can complain officially as the manager refused to do anything despite a large crowd if us asking for refunds ?!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

I've been to Siam Park 3 times and had a great time. I'm going back in Sept as no other park is as good. It sounds like you have been very unlucky and received poor customer service but you shouldn't put people off due to a unusual occurrence. If you go to their website you can contact them via email or phone. Did you ask for tickets for another day as they have have that.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 21:18
Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

They shouldn't have to ask for tickets for another day. They were entitled to refunds. You could/should have asked for the "Hoja de Reclamaciones" ( complaint book) along with the other customers who weren't satisfied. You then bring it to a " Oficina de Información al Consumidor " essentially a citizens advice office who will deal with the business on your behalf. If you still have receipts, you can return and get this form at any stage

Swansea
Level Contributor
195 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

Thanks dokgolf I wish I'd known this before I went. I'm going home so won't be able to return. A few of us were there and the manager refused any refunds at the time. I was hoping to follow this up when I got home. My husband said it was against the law to refuse a refund when a service has not been provided- there is also nothing on their website . Thanks for your help dok

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

''but you shouldn't put people off due to a unusual occurrence''. Why not ??? That is the whole point of forums. I agree perhaps the grievance should have been aired on the review pages but as for writing emails or phoning, the chances are you'll be told you should have complained on the day.

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

The good thing is by putting it on the forum due to dokgolf's reply people suffering the same situation now know what to do....Knowledge is Power.!!!!!!!

Swansea
Level Contributor
195 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

Yeah have written review just wanted to warn people who were thinking of going today and tomorrow !

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

I agree Paulshol forums are for sharing experiences and answering questions. I use trip advisor loads but hate seeing people telling you to avoid or don't go! I feel the same when people type it on reviews. Give your experience but don't tell folk not to go!

8. Re: Siam park... Went today avoid!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas