We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with a sea view

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants with a sea view

Just doing some research in to restaurants on the beach front. Found one called La Terrazza del Mare which looks lovely - can anyone recommend this? And anymore similar to this?

Thanks

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

It's a long time since I was there but it used to be superb …wordpress.com/2011/…

Depending where you are staying and in the opposite direction from Terrazza is an area called San Telmo all of the restaurants on the upper level are first class and all have wonderful sea views. You can see it in ref E9 on this map tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.… and Terrazza is in D5, it takes approx 10 mins to stroll across a square

Edited: 09 June 2014, 18:06
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

I'm staying in H10 las palmeras.

The reviews for La Terrazza del Mare are really really good. My only worry is - do I have to walk through the strip to get there and back as I was going to avoid veronicas!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

Yes you will but if you eat around 8.30 and return around 11-11.30 it should still be quiet in that area so you will be fine as long as you stick to the main road or the main seafront walkway and don´t decide to go down any dark alleyways (not that I can think of any!!)

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

Thanks! Any other specific restaurant recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

It is hard to recommend specific restaurants because everyone has different tastes and look for different things. I would personally forego quantity and pay more for quality where as to some a huge plateful is what they look for. Sticking around Las Americas I personally enjoyed Taurus and the view is nice …wordpress.com/2014/… but was not at all impressed with Krishna II (no view other than the sex shop) although many rate it. …wordpress.com/2014/… but we all have different tastes.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

Chill Out, Los Cristianos - just under San Telmo and right on Las Vistas beach.

Meath ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

Want to highly recommend another restaurant along beach front between pdla and los crist. In san telmo area . Sign on white wall for stone grill. Restaurant called carne ala piedra. Cook your own meats. Fab. Well worth visit. Gud portions. Well priced

crawley englane
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

Have to say chill out is best there is been. There 10 times great meal and service just before tunnel

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

These are restaurants in the San Telmo area which tier up off the sea front walk way over Playa Las Vistas .Heres a link ....

http://www.ccsantelmo.com/eng/shops.hml

You can either go left as you face the sea along the sea front walk way behind your hotel ( This is a flat walk that takes approx 20 mins ) or you can cut through the streets passing the Safari Centre and onto the sea front walkway at Vista Sur and again left as you face the sea ( this is again a flat walk apart from going down the slope at Vista Sur and takes about 15 mins ) Times are based on Mr and Mrs Average .

Chill Out bar is beyond San Telmo and as said just before the port Tunnnel of Los Cris from your hotel about 30 mins walk .However IMO not the greatest of views as its blocked by a sewage pumping station .Which at times you get wafts of .Good food just wish they would change venue .

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants with a sea view

Thank goodness you said it Oneleg, I agree the Chill Out could be nice if only .... I was beginning to think that I was the only one put off by the smell from the sewage plant.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas