We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive vs Self Catering - Playa de las Americas

Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive vs Self Catering - Playa de las Americas

Hi

We have recently booked a 2 bed self catering holiday at Parque La Paz in PDLA. We are now wondering if we should upgrade to All Inclusive - It;s been a very long time since I was in Tenerife last and although have tried to look for a few menus to give me some idea of prices - I don't seem to be getting very far.

There is myself, my husband and my Mum and two children aged 9 and 14 - we are not big drinkers, the kids don't like fizzy pop (!) so mainly drink squash or water at home, which we normally take with us.

Can anyone help with an idea on meal prices at good clean bars etc - not bothered if it's not michellin starred ! or basic supermarket prices?

We can then balance this against the charge of AI? The food reviews at Parque La Paz are good, so that's not a worry - but not sure I really want to confine myself to the hotel all day every day.

Any help, ideas would be much appreciated

Thank you :-)

ayrshire
Level Contributor
340 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive vs Self Catering - Playa de las Americas

Full English breakfast you can get for around 3 euros. Evening meals can be had for as little as 3 course for under 10 Euro. For supermarket then Mercadona is generally regarded as the cheapest.There is also an Iceland,which we have used.Personally I'd never consider A.I in P.D.L.A. for me there is too do and see to feel tied to the hotel.

Chester
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive vs Self Catering - Playa de las Americas

Tenerife and AL is wrong.

Just had 17 nights SC and we only spent 880e (did include my wife's clothes shopping) for the 2 of us. 3 course menu of the day from 7 -12 euros, pizza around 5-8 euros. Grilled sardines, salad, Canarian potatoes, glass of wine and bread 7.5e.

Supermarket - 2 L water from 35c, wine from 1.25e a bottle, fresh batch from 25c.

We stayed in the north but I would expect the prices in the south to be similar.

Keith.

Bridlington, England
Level Contributor
71 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive vs Self Catering - Playa de las Americas

If you are staying at Parque de la Paz in PDLA then the strip just below that has plenty of cheap eateries and entertainment bars. I like AI in quiet places, where there may not be much choice of eating and entertainment, but not in Tenerife where it abounds. Mercadona supermarket (underground basement) very good value too.

Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive vs Self Catering - Playa de las Americas

Thank you all so much for your comments, I think you have all reaffirmed what we were thinking - I think we will stick to self catering and use the 1000 or so euros it would cost us to upgrade to treat ourselves to some lovely meals out and about.

Thanks again, much appreciated xx

5. Re: All Inclusive vs Self Catering - Playa de las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas