We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tenerife or fuertventura

Sunderland, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
tenerife or fuertventura

hi guys just after some advice we myself partner and to kids 13 and 10 yrs are looking to book tenerife, we have never been here before as usually go to corralejo every year but this yr fancy a change, hoping to book playa de las americas, advice would be great on hotels near beach, prices eating out whether be better to go a.i. or s/c any advice would be really helpful, thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tenerife or fuertventura

Hi Leanne we've been to corralejo the last few years too and absolutely love it but we're off to las americas for the first time tomorrow so I will post here in 2 weeks time with my findings! I'm hoping the food and drunk prices are on par with corralejo as we eat like kings whilst there ;)

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,206 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tenerife or fuertventura

I think you will be pleasantly surprised as from memory Tenerife is cheaper than Fuerteventura. You can get a pint in the south of the island for between €0.95 - €1 this goes up to about €2.5 in bars on a night that have entertainment. of course if you insist on UK brands then it will cost a lot more as it has to be imported.

3 course meals from as little as €7.99 and breakfasts (full English for under €3) IMO AI is not great here reading the reviews unless you go somewhere quite expensive but eating out is generally cheap if you want it to be or if you want something more expensive that is easily found too.

Sunderland, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tenerife or fuertventura

thank you for your help, regards

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tenerife or fuertventura

*drink. This time tomorrow I may be drunk! Esp at those prices :D

CHESHIRE, ENGLAND
Level Contributor
203 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tenerife or fuertventura

Just had a week in corralejo which we really enjoyed our holiday there, it was a little quiet for me! We have now have been to all the canary islands and do prefer Tenerife, I think it has something for everyone! In fact I have been at least once a year since 2008, booked to go in October too. I can't fault it!

6. Re: tenerife or fuertventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas