We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looney tunes

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
279 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
looney tunes

Hi

Can anyone tell me if Looney Tunes as still playing in Playa de americas

And if so where and directions please

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: looney tunes

They are resident at Shenanigans on the Patch in PDLA

Underneath the Gaelic corner bar next to Las Palmeras hotel

They are up from about 10.30pm till about 1.30am

Edited: 25 June 2014, 00:12
Mentioned in this post
The Patch
The Patch
431 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looney tunes

If your in just after 10 it's usually quiet and the best seats are in The Royal Box. Thursday they have an Elvis Tribute and Saturday Rod Stewart. The live music makes the singers shows even better.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looney tunes

If you last saw them in The Brewer's Droop, there's no way they are as much fun now due to the layout and lighting in Shenanigans.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
279 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looney tunes

Yea i seen them in the brewers droop for many years

I did see them in shenanigans 2 years ago and did see that there act had changed, from being the original looneys

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: looney tunes

I think the venue for the Looney tunes is better in Shenanigans

But Freddie does seem to be getting more caustic with his comments

I think he seems to get bored when the place is not very busy

That said, it usually gets going in full swing most nights by 12am

We get warmed up nicely (dancing - singing - drinking)

Then straight out of the back door into the Dubliner about 1.30 am for a fantastic night till the very early hours

Freddie and Dave (looney tunes ) are great

But the band in the Dubliner are better than anyone else in the area by miles (absolutely brilliant) and can sing and play anything to an exceptional standard

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looney tunes

All a matter of opinion. We went to see them once last Feb when on previous holidays we went to the Brewer's every night for a week. That's when you had to be there before 9pm to get a seat for a 10pm start. Problem is that Freddie's act relies on 'audience participation'. ( that's the best way I can put it ) and in Shenanigans it is so dark he has to use a torch and the place sometimes has just a dozen people in there when the show starts!!! Little wonder he looks bored at times.

7. Re: looney tunes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17