We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Americas End Of September, Questions!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Las Americas End Of September, Questions!!

Looking to book 10 nights away at the end of September to Playa De Las Americas.

Anybody got any advice on hotels for families (we have 2 kids 9 and 8).

Also what's the entertainment like? Shows, quiz's, bingo that sort of thing (the wife and kids love a bot of bingo).

Are we better off going all inclusive or self catering?

Also heard Costa Adeje is nice should we go there instead of Las Americas.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,128 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Americas End Of September, Questions!!

Costa Adeje adjoins PDLA so either place is fine for accommodation as you can wander from place to place. My preference is for Costa Adeje.

Some places offer entertainment so I'm sure you'll fine what you're looking for

Narrow it down to the hotels you would like to stay in (plenty of reviews available on this site) and see what falls in your budget. Personally I think B&B works out the most cost effective as there are so many good and cheap places to eat at outside of the hotel itself. In my experience it's cheaper to get an evening meal out than in the hotel.

Many people look at AI if they have children but it's not always the cheapest route especially if you want to see some of the island while you're there. A piece in the Sunday newspapers this week said some people pay £300 more for their stay based on AI, so do price up.

essex
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
1,628 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Americas End Of September, Questions!!

Costa Adeje is probably better with children of your age group.PDLA is more for teenagers,especially around Veronicas area.But the whole south ,from Costa ADEJE through to Los Cristianos is all joined together and you can walk along the seafront all the way.It is a great place to be.Depends on your budget,but if you are looking for value for money,you will probably get a good deal at ISLA BONITA HOTEL in Adeje,check reviews here on TA.

3. Re: Las Americas End Of September, Questions!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations