We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying sun cream when there

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
buying sun cream when there

hi again. would anybody happen to know if the once a day reimann p20 sun cream is available in playa de las americas to buy in the shops and if so is it cheaper than in the uk? thanks

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying sun cream when there

Hi, not sure of that brand, but we always take sun cream from the UK. The sun is very strong, so we use factor 50. We also use a 'full day cream', although you need to reapply it after swimming.

The other item we take is Nescafé.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,677 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying sun cream when there

I too use the Once a Day suncream but always buy it here in the UK and take it with me. When I've looked at the price of suncreams in Tenerife they're expensive. There are some deals to be had in supermarkets and chemists here.

herts
Level Contributor
230 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying sun cream when there

it is more expensive in tenerife, so definitely take some with you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying sun cream when there

Hi.

I use p20 all the time.great stuff if I was you take it with you. Or get it at airport on journey out.

peter.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying sun cream when there

I have seen it sometimes for sale on the plane. So you could maybe check your airline.

We use suncream from the Mercadonna. It's 4 euros 99 cents and it's excellent.

Contains all the uv protection.

Been using it for years and never burnt and my husband has fair skin.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buying sun cream when there

I use Ultrasun Once a day sunscreen. Its the best I've ever used and works really well and you don't need to reapply after swimming. I get mine from QVC in the UK but its available in shops like John Lewis, they also have their own website and its on ebay too. I find it much better than P20 which used to make my prickly heat worse.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buying sun cream when there

You can certainly buy the p20 suncream in PdlA. I got mine from one of the branches of Fund Grube but I've also see in plenty of the perfume type shops. I think mine was 18 euros or so.

I can also second the recommendation for the suncream from Mercadona.

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: buying sun cream when there

thank you for all the helpful replies and tips everyone, i have now bought some p20 here and will look into ultrasun also, then maybe buy more if needed once there, thanks for the help all :-)

ayrshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: buying sun cream when there

If your airport has a Boots store in departures then you can order online and pick it up after passing through.Saves the weight in your suitcases....

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: buying sun cream when there

Hi.

You might also look into calypso once a day from eBay or Amazon about £10 for 200ml. Have used it before and does the job.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations