We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music Playa de los Americas

Herefordshire
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Live Music Playa de los Americas

I love Piano Accordion music. Are there any bars with accordion musicians

Edited: 26 July 2014, 02:33
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

Nope,

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

I may be wrong but through a drunken haze think the boy in the Claddagh Irish pub in San Telmo played the accordion when we were there. Hopefully someone will come on and confirm

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

You may have had a few bevvies Bobski especially saying 'boy' but you weren´t mistaken lol claddaghtenerife.com/photos/…20125.JPG …freewebs.com/85/…20140.JPG

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

The only one remotely linked with an accordion ( although I don't think it is exactly what you are after ) that I can think of is a guy called Graham who plays nightly in the Country Grill Karina by the Vulcano Hotel.

A mixture of country and Irish music, various instruments including guitar, fiddle and accordion or squeezebox.

I believe he stays in the UK for the summer and returns to PDLA October ish until May ish.

London England
Level Contributor
140 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

I'm a big fan of Peruvian nose flute music. Anyone know of any places in PDLA that has this?

Only joking :)

But I would like to know if there's any venues that have live rock music ala ACDC etc.

And I am serious :)

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

The Vagabonds play in The Bullshead...La Paz Strip. Also Rock music in Sax Bar in Patch.

London England
Level Contributor
140 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

Thanks for the heads up. Just looked at the trip advisor reviews and some made me chuckle. Sounds like a laugh, except the bar staff pestering you every 5 minutes :) We're staying at the Parque Santiago 4. How far away in walking terms is the patch?

Once again thanks.

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

Patch 5 minutes walk away come out front door walk past the Mexican type hotel, then conquistador then about Another 400 yards. Gaelic Corner is where you turn down left. Sax bar 100 yards down on left.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 17:44
UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

Agree that the staff in the Sax Bar are quite in your face but I think if it was bothering you then if you just said I'll let you know when I want a drink next they would get the hint. I actually wish I had asked them to keep their free shot you get with every drink - I am sure it was just squash!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live Music Playa de los Americas

We are going to Playa de Las Americas in Sept ... never been before. Can anyone recommend venues/bars where we can see live entertainment that's not accordion playing or rock music. Also we like drag acts, any in the resort. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations