We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ash cloud

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ash cloud

I no this is stupid but would this affect tenerife r the flights from northern Iireland .thanks

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,097 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ash cloud

Maybe. Who knows. When the last one happened I was stranded in the Middle East with an onward flight of 3 weeks in advance because they had no idea of when it would clear. Perhaps the powers that be have learned from that. If you've booked a package holiday then they should find accommodation and alternative flights for you. The chances are it'll never happen so I wouldn't worry about it.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ash cloud

Tenerife was affected last time, my daughter and grand-daughter had to spend an extra week here, which they thoroughly enjoyed. But as Daisy says who knows whether it will happen or not, not worth getting up tight about until something definite is known.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ash cloud

Thanks guys for posting back :-)

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
548 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ash cloud

We were due to fly to Tenerife last time. Ryanair cancelled our flight and gave us a refund, we had booked a private apt we had only paid a deposit, thd owner let us choose another week.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ash cloud

Have I missed something? What ash cloud?

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ash cloud

My parents spent an extra week in Tenerife the last time.

Their biggest issue was not having enough of their Prescription tablets with them. The Farmacia were very helpful. They had to get their Prescription faxed to the hotel and the Farmacia sorted them out.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ash cloud

Johnboy ..

No ash cloud at the moment , but there was an earthquake below a volcano in Iceland .. but nothing has yet come to the surface ...

Sylla

Edited: 19 August 2014, 23:31
Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ash cloud

No I read on sky 2day that it is a code orange that it could happen .I was only asking wat if sorry .

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ash cloud

This is the latest link to what is happening http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/28854611 - yes getting a lot more serious now it is Orange alert and not just rumblings (sorry about pun) so fingers crossed it does not get any worse as many of us have long awaited holidays due shortly.

queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com

Kintore, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ash cloud

Fortunately aviation has progressed since 2010 in not closing all airspace but only areas likely affected.

Similarly airlines have put into place procedures for flight planning and in-flight re-planning for these events which caused so much havoc in 2010.

The airline community and UK Government agreed after the events that the reaction in 2010 was extremely "Over" cautious.

Don't think we will have the same hysteria as 2010 so wouldn't worry to much about it.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas