We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Hi all,

Just thought I would write a little post on here for any future first-timers as I was prior to my visit to Playa De Las Americas August 14.

My boyfriend and 1 were due to stay 14 nights in Playa De Las Americas but due to my Mam taking ill we had 9 days here and I would say you need more than a week here there is so much to see and do that we might come back next year I loved it that much.

I am a huge fan of Puerto Del Carmen in Lanzarote but I think I have been swayed towards Playa De Las Americas now.

I love the fact that there is so many different areas to go, from the beach front in Playa De Las Americas, to the Safari Centre, Santiage, Los Cristianos and even Costa Adeje everything is within walking distance or a cheap taxi ride. You are never short or anything to see or do here, we didn’t do any excursions or anything just took in the whole place every day.

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, not once did we have a bad meal or bad experience.

There is any amount of bars and restaurant’s for everyone’s taste from young to old.

All in all, it is a great place for young and old, good night life and lovely restaurants, anyone reading this and thinking about Playa De Las Americas do not hesitate and booked you will love it.

J x

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,824 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Lovely to hear you had such a great holiday Jessica thank you for letting us know :-)

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,325 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Have to admit it suits all ages, tastes and budgets. Glad you enjoyed it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Thanks for that Jessica, I was just about to do a post asking the questions you've answered. Im a HUGE Lanzarote fan and have to have my fix twice a year and was hoping to go back in November but horror of horrors my friends want to try Tenerife for a change. Im such a creature of habit Id rather go where I know as I feel comfortable in PDC. So a few more questions: is PDLA much bigger than PDC? And Im just wondering about weather in November, if somebody can tell me - what will it be like? Isnt Lanz the hottest island as its closest to Africa? I love Spanish food, culture, music so are there spanish bars/restaurants with some traditional music/ flamenco shows and is there any salsa dancing anywhere?

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

I am the same, have to get my fix of Lanzarote aswell and HOPE to go in November / December if I can afford it.

PDLA is so much bigger than PDC you will be surprised at how much bigger.

Check this link out

arona.travel/portal/turismo/floc_d4_v6.jsp…

I got some great info from Aguilas before I went. I also google street viewed PDLA to get a feel for the place and know where I am going.

Considering Tenerife is also one of the Canary islands and close to Africa I would presume near enough the same as Lanzarote.

You will get similar restaurants in PDLA as PDC. I can’t recommend any traditional Spanish bars but as I said Aguilas has great info or even do a search on the forum and you might find similar posts.

The Piramides have shows on, just beside the Hard Rock Cafe, I think, and one night we were in Papagayo Beach Club there was Salsa Dancing.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Sunniegirl, Do not hesitate about choosing PDLA, go for it I am so glad I did....

Any idea of where you are staying yet, have you checked out hotels yet?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Havent even thought about hotel yet as I hadnt quite committed myself! No flights booked yet or anything

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Ah right, well if you do, I stayed in Apartments California Primecomfort, my review should be up soon, but I would highly recommend PDLA, lets us know what you do and if you go what you think of PDLA.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Flights are in or around same place as Lanzarote aswell, bout €200 each with Aer Lingus or Ryanair although closer to the time you might get them cheaper.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,779 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

it's nice when newbies to the island come back, and thank all of the posters who helped them before they went away.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Home from First Time in Playa De Las Americas

Yes will let you know. Decision might be made tomorrow night with the girlies over a glass of wine! I'll keep an eye out for your accommodation review. thanks again

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations