We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for Schlitterbahn

Which New Braunfels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
2 posts
Save Topic
Tips for Schlitterbahn

My husband and I are going to Schlitterbahn next week (without the kids!) and would appreciate any good tips for making the day more enjoyable. We do not have many opportunities to get away so I really want to make this a fun day without saying "I wish we had bought _ _ _", "I wish I had known about _ _ _", "why didn't we think of doing _ _ _" .

Thanks!!!

Lake Jackson, TX
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for Schlitterbahn

Hello,

Make sure you wear water shoes that will not come off.. you will lose your sandals quickly... you don't want to be walking around barefoot.. likewise, don't wear good jewelry or anything that could come flying off.

You can take your food and drinks inside... no glass...and you can't take in booze... get there early and find a table to put your things.. I've been taking my kids for many years and have never had one thing disapper from my table..

There's a really nice hot tub bar close to the entrance and wave pool... make sure you do the Lazy River and float around the park..

One problem we had in the beginning was how to keep our valuables on us.. You can rent lockers, but we didn't want the hassle.. I bought a small plastic thermos type thing at walmart that has a strap I threw across my shoulder... It was large enough for keys, money and glasses... it worked great for us.. '

Have fun.. dh

Austin
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for Schlitterbahn

Thanks - this is a big help. I was wondering what to do about watershoes!!!

3. Re: Tips for Schlitterbahn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about New Braunfels