We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

Anahuac, Texas
Level Contributor
274 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

My daughter chose the Hideout on the Horseshoe, at Canyon Lake just out of New Braunfels, as the location for her wedding and we were concerned because of the location away from "civilization" and our being 4 hours away east of Houston. It couldn't have turned out more perfect. From the initial booking in April to the move-out on the day after the wedding, the Hideout staff bent over backwards to make the stay and the event the best they could. We visited twice during the summer to make plans, had free run of the place, and were given access to all facilites the day before the wedding to decorate. When we visited on Wednesday prior to the Saturday wedding, we found a crew of workers already doing cleanup and making ready specifically for my daughter's wedding. Many things Angie and the staff anticipated as needs and they were prepared us for before we asked, including sound and transportation to the landing for guests. A very professional and friendly staff was always available.

There are only about 10 cabins on the hillside looking down on the river, sleeping from 4 to 8 people, so the grounds are never crowded, and the cabins themselves are nicely appointed and modern, even if decorated in "Texas rustic". Very comfortable.

We could not be happier with our experience with the Hideout and highly recommend them for weddings, or just to vacation. The topper for us was when my daughter emailed from the middle of her honeymoon and thanked us, saying it was the "wedding we've always dreamed of."

Mentioned in this post
New Braunfels
New Braunfels
209 Reviews
New Braunfels, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Texas
Texas
United States
River Oaks, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

Wow!! When was this wedding, I recently visited (Aug) and had nothing but problems with roaches, staff, etc. Just wondering when the wedding was and how such a beautiful place changed so much. I will say the copper sinks, etc were awesome. The designers did an awesome job!

Sarah

Anahuac, Texas
Level Contributor
274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

We were there the 18th, and they bent over backwards to please us. Haven't seen bug one...and should have, since it's Texas in a wet summer!

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
3. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2007, 13:28
New Braunfels, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

Be advised that the folks at Hideout on the Horseshoe are more concerned with their housing development than their guests. As a local, I strongly reccomend any number of B&Bs, cabins, campgrounds, etc. to be found down river on the Guadalupe.

Canyon Lake
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

I am getting married this November and called this location. They said it would cost $16,000!!!!! It looks like a beautiful place, but that's crazy! Is this true? If so, does anyone know of any beautiful locations (inside or outside) in Canyon Lake/New Braunfels area for the fall for a wedding and/or reception? Just trying to get some ideas :-)

Mentioned in this post
Canyon Lake
Canyon Lake
215 Reviews
New Braunfels, TX
Texas
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

The wedding cost at Hideout on the Horseshoe includes the ceremony site, reception site, and lodging for up to 106 people for 2 nights. By the time the guests pay for their rooms, the bride and groom are not out much money. It comes out to be about the same cost as holding your reception somewhere for 4 hours, only here you get it for 2 days!

San Antonio
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

Since you're basically paying $16,000 to rent out the 18 cabins/site for 2 nights the average comes out to be $444 a night per cabin.

Seems wildly expensive for just a site that provides nothing else. Wonder if you can just rent out every cabin separately for the non-hiked rate that is normally 4x's less.

Houston, TX
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

I had my wedding there a week and a half ago and I never saw one roach, or bug, the entire time--take that back, I saw a few bumble bees! :)

I visited the venue several times throughout the course of my year wedding planning and never saw any kind of roaches, etc. The place is immaculate and the staff is incredibly accommodating. My wedding was a dream and the 16k that the girl mentioned in one of the postings actually comes out to equal the same prices that most quality Austin venues are priced at except that the Austin venue price rental is for a maximum of 5 hours and the Hideout's rental price gets you the entire weekend. The reason why the price comes out to equaling such a lower price is because you factor in the money you will be getting back from your guests as they pay to stay the entire weekend at the breath-taking venue. Very smart deal if you can do the math...

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
9. Re: Wedding at the Hideout on the Horseshoe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 05:30