We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

schlitterbahn in June

Which New Braunfels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Topic
schlitterbahn in June

My family and I are planning a trip to schlitterbahn in mid June.Is the weather warm enough for a waterpark at that time?When are the best times to visit at that time of year?Can the park handle "larger " individuals, as I am a large man over 6 foot and approx. 300 lbs?Also, can you suggest any decent eateries and hotels in the area? Thanks so much for your time.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: schlitterbahn in June

Weather is definitely warm enough - it will be beastly hot in June, probably in the 90s during the day. I would think your size would be fine; they have several sizes of inner tubes from very small to really large, but you could e-mail or call them to verify. We've actually stayed at the motel in the park - outdated but very convenient.

http://newbraunfelstxcoc.weblinkconnect.com/CWT/EXTERNAL/WCPAGES/WCDIRECTORY/Directory.aspx?CategoryID=1110&Title=Restaurants+-+Alphabetical&AdKeyword=Restaurants+-+Alphabetical is a link to restaurants. Check out nearby Gruene and the Grist Mill, a cute restaurant right on the river.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: schlitterbahn in June

Also, when we've gone to Schlitterbahn, they've allowed us to bring a cooler in with us - good way to reserve a spot at the picnic tables and save $ on food and drinks if you want to.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
276 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: schlitterbahn in June

Texas is very warm in June. No worries there! The crowds could be bad. There are 3 parks around New Braunfels. You take a tram to the other parks.

As far as where to stay? I would check vrbo.com and look at a condo or rental house. If you can stay on the Comal Horseshoe, then your kids, if old enough, can go around tubing in a circle.

The Marriott is brand new and on Lake Dunlap. Some of the hotels are just in town and on a road or hwy. The view is not good. So if you want a good view, then get something on the Guadalupe, Comal or Dunlap.

Check out Landa Park. There is a spring fed swimming pool that is fun on a hot summer day.

There are also German historical homes too that you can stay in that are quaint

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: schlitterbahn in June

I agree with the previous poster, renting a condo or house is definitely the way to go. VRBO is a great site and I always recommend the Waterwheel complex. We have stayed in several different condos in the complex and all are nice, and the complex itself is nice and right on the Guad. No I don't own there :-) (YET!).

It will absolutely be warm enough, and your size will not be a problem... I have seen tubes large enough to be tractor tires! Have a great time!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: schlitterbahn in June

I am also a BIGGER guy!! I am 6'5" 330lbs and I never have any trouble at the park on a tube or on the slides. You will have a great time!!

BTW - it will be plenty hot enough for a waterpark!! You will probably dive head first into the water as soon as you walk in - Texas Summer is a BEAST!!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: schlitterbahn in June

Our got to restaurants -

Rudy's Bar-B-Que

Coopers Bar-B-Que

Grist Mill

Gruene Onion

7. Re: schlitterbahn in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 06:22