We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schlitterbahn or not??

OKC
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Schlitterbahn or not??

We have planned a mini vacation to New Braunfels for 3 days next wee(weekdays). We had planned to do 2 days in Schiltterbahn. I am concerned due to varying reviews/crowds. We checked and school there does not start til 8/22 but one of the employees told us over the phone that she believes the crowds have diminished significantly over the past few weeks. We only plan to do 2 or 3 rides and spend the rest of the time in "no wait" areas or the Falls. Has anyone been the past few days? Trying to decide if we should cancel our reservations.

Thanks

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schlitterbahn or not??

I haven't been this year, but I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you concerned that it is too crowded? Are you concerned that it is not fun?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,324 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schlitterbahn or not??

I think you answered your own question...plan on doing a couple of rides and doing the no wait things...

there are 3 areas of the park...

personally one daý is enough unless you have some type of 2 day pass..

there should be a bigger discount after 3 or 4pm..why not do two late afternoons... the crowd will be tired, hungarý and sunburned by then

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schlitterbahn or not??

My wife and 10 year old went yesterday and they said the crowds were moderate and they had a great time. One day is generally enough for us. The afternoon discount begins at 3:00 and cannot be purchased online. The cost is $31.99 adults and $26.99 for children. Would be quite expensive to do it twice, same price to get a 2 day pass, $63.98.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,433 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schlitterbahn or not??

I think you should go for it. We've been when it's crowded, and it's still fun. We spend a lot of time in the wave pool area just relaxing on our tubes.

OKC
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schlitterbahn or not??

Thanks for the info. We were concerned that it might be entirely too crowded to enjoy. It sounds as if it's better than a few weeks ago in that respect. Will definitely consider going after 3. We want to do the Falls, possibly the Black Knight and the Congo. Would we be looking at long waits for these? What area is the least crowded? Thank all of you for your replies.

Catania, Italy
Level Contributor
25 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schlitterbahn or not??

Best time to go would be a weekend in September. Very few people almost no wait for rides.

7. Re: Schlitterbahn or not??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2012, 10:15